Making Apprenticeships Work for Your Business
As part of National Apprenticeship Week, Nottingham Trent University is hosting a business breakfast event to give local organisations the chance to discuss the new opportunities available to your business since the apprenticeships reform..
- From: Thursday 9 March 2017, 8 am
- To: Thursday 9 March 2017, 11 am
- Location: Newton building, Nottingham Conference Centre, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
Is your business looking to start or grow an apprenticeship programme? Do you need more information about the new funding process? Or are you concerned about the levy's impact on your business? If so, our free event will answer all your questions.
In support of National Apprenticeship Week, we are hosting a business breakfast event for employers to discuss how your business can benefit from the changes in apprenticeships. We can help you explore how your business can benefit both from the government apprenticeship initiative (by claiming back your levy), and from the generous government funding available for smaller SMEs.
Full details of the programme can be found on the programme tab.
The event includes an opportunity to:
- learn how the apprenticeship levy will work for your business
- for non-levy payers, find out how you can access 90% government funded degrees
- find out how to access apprenticeship programmes and training providers
- learn about your responsibilities as an employer
- attend sector-specific sessions so you can learn about the current and planned apprenticeships in your area.
Hear from industry representatives from levy and non-levy paying local businesses who can share with you their own experiences of higher and degree apprenticeships. Chat with NTU’s own expert and knowledgeable staff who deliver these programmes to find out how you can get involved.
Levy and non-levy paying businesses are welcome. This event is perfect if you're looking to start or grow an apprenticeship programme and you would like clarification on the new funding process, or if you are concerned about the levy's impact on your business.
- 8 am-8.30 am: Registration and Breakfast
- 8.30 am-9 am: Welcome and introduction; Apprenticeships- what you need to know
- 9 am-9.30 am: The Apprenticeship Service, funding and regulations
- 9.30 am-10 am: Panel discussion and questions
- 10 am-11 am: Sector Specific Sessions (optional)
- Nottingham Law School
This session will include updates on current developments and the opportunity to provide feedback on the current models of the apprenticeship. There will also be an employer round table to gain ideas and feedback from employers regarding the content and delivery of an apprenticeship.
- School of Science and Technology
This session will include information about NTU's engineering degree apprenticeship, details about the delivery plan and the day release pattern and a round table discussion with employers to gain project ideas for apprentices to complete while they are on the programme.
- School of Art and Design
This session will include a focus group discussion around industry needs to help inform the development of degree apprenticeships for the creative industries. We will update you on current developments in this area, provide intelligence from the Creative Industries Federation and higher education providers and discuss possible next steps.
- School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
This session will cover NTU's apprenticeship offering in this area, the delivery plan and information about the structure of the apprenticeship. There will also be a round table discussion with employers to explore your requirements.
- School of Social Sciences
This session will update you on current developments at NTU in the fields of Social Work and Health. This will be followed by a group discussion where you can make us aware of your needs and interests as an employer and ask any questions to our NTU representatives.
- Nottingham Business School
This session will update you on current developments at Nottingham Business School in the fields of Management and Leadership and Retail Management. This will be followed by a group discussion about how degree apprenticeship can provide return on investment for your business. There will be opportunities to talk to NBS staff, clients and some of our CMDA apprentices about their experiences and discuss the requirements of your business.
- Nottingham Law School
There is no fee to attend but places are limited so please book as soon as possible.
If you have any problems or require further information, please contact Agi Hammond