Putting it into Practice
association of architectural educators forum event
Focusing on the theme of 'employability' this one-day event will provide a platform for educators, students and practitioners to share good practice.
- From: Wednesday 5 April 2017, 10.30 am
- To: Wednesday 5 April 2017, 6.30 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 8, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Download this event to your calendar
The School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment at Nottingham Trent University is delighted to host the first association of architectural educators (aae) forum.
Focusing on the theme of 'employability' this one-day event will provide a platform for educators, students and practitioners to share good practice. The forum aims to open a critical and inclusive debate of why and how to enrich and transform a curricula that “puts professionalism, collaboration, research, industry and employability first” L. Farrelly and F. Samuel, Education for Uncertainty, 2016 aae conference proceedings, The Bartlett School of Architecture, London, UK.
The association of architectural educators (aae) aims to:
- develop, support and represent communities of practice and learning in architectural education in the U.K. and Ireland;
- foster inclusive dialogues between the aae community, students and employers, and educational and professional bodies;
- encourage research and scholarship of teaching and learning in architectural education through critical and reflective discourse; and
- promote the value, richness, quality, and diversity inherent in architectural education.
For all enquiries, please contact the forum organisers:
Image: Sam Letchford, BArch (Hons) Architecture, 2016
Please find below the provisional schedule for the day:
|10.30 am||Registration and refreshments||Newton building, Forum Level 0, outside Lecture Theatre 8 (LT8)|
|11 am||Workshop: Session one||LT8|
|11.40 am||Workshop: Session two||LT8|
|12.20 pm||Workshop: Session three||LT8|
|1 pm||Lunch and aae meeting||Forum Level 0 and LT8|
|2 pm||Workshop: Session four||Newton building, Level 2 N24|
|2.40 pm||Workshop: Session five||Newton building, Level 2 N25|
|3.20 pm||Refreshment break||Forum Level 0|
|3.45 pm||Workshop: Session six||Newton building, Level 2 N24|
|4.30 pm||Workshop: Session seven||Newton building, Level 2 N25|
|5.15 pm||Keynote presentation on|
virtual Vs analogue drawing
Robert Evans, Director, Evans Vettori Architects
Updated 04 April 2017
Please click 'Reserve your place' above, and complete the short online booking process.
This event is open to students, staff, alumni, and the general public. Admission is free.
There is no parking available at the University itself, but there are many car parking facilities within a couple of minutes' walking distance. The nearest car park is Talbot Street Car Park. If using this car park, please exit onto Chaucer Street.
The City Campus has two tram stops (Royal Centre or Nottingham Trent University stop) on the lines to Hucknall or Phoenix Park from the train station. Both stops are approximately two minutes' walk from the Newton building.
To plan your journey, please visit the travel section of the NTU website.