Law School Clinics and Law Centres Collaboration - Symposium on Best Practice
Nottingham Law School Legal Advice Centre and the Law Centres network are hosting this symposium on best practice in clinical legal education.
- From: Wednesday 24 May 2017, 11 am
- To: Wednesday 24 May 2017, 4 pm
- Location: Legal Advice Centre, Chaucer building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LT
- Download this event to your calendar
Practitioners and those with an interest in clinical legal education are invited to this one-day symposium on best practice.
The day will include roundtable discussion on the following topics:
* Various Clinic Models i.e. what makes a good clinic? (e.g. internal vs external supervision, academic involvement)
* Regulation and Risk (e.g. understanding of insurance, supervision/casework)
* Key Factors in Productive Partnerships, including referral links and patterns of working practice
* Innovation in Law School and Advice Agency Partnerships – looking at maximising educational and the wider social benefit (e.g. Policy work issues, Public Legal Education and developments in the services offered
The day will begin at 11 am. Delegates need to register at the Legal Advice Centre reception the first floor of the Chaucer Building.
There will be a number of roundtable discussions throughout the day, concluding at 4 pm. Lunch will be provided.
This event is free to attend but you will need to book your place.