Primary Maths Conference
This conference will be a blend of informative and practical workshops, open discussion and the chance to see some of the research that local practitioners have been undertaking this year.
- From: Monday 3 July 2017, 12.30 pm
- To: Monday 3 July 2017, 5 pm
- Location: Pavilion, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS
The East Midlands East Maths Hub and Nottingham Trent University would like to invite you to our Primary Maths Conference which is being organised with three key intentions:
- To gain a better understanding of teaching for mastery from nationally recognised experts
- To share developments in best practice from local practitioners
- To look at Maths Hub opportunities for schools and individual teachers to get involved in – particularly in terms of action research
The day will be a blend of informative and practical workshops, open discussion and the chance to see some of the research that local practitioners have been undertaking this year.
We are thrilled to be welcoming Debbie Morgan (the Director for Primary at the NCETM) as our keynote speaker for the conference. She is at the forefront of much of the recent developments in primary mathematics teaching that is currently happening at schools. She began her career as a Reception class teacher and has subsequently taught every age range in the primary phase. Other roles in education include working as a Head Teacher, Advisory Teacher for Primary Mathematics, a Numeracy Consultant and as a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics Education at the University of Northampton.
The conference will be perfect for Class Teachers, School Maths Co-ordinators and Head Teachers from all phases of education from early years to Key Stage 2.
To ensure that the day is accessible to all the costs have been paid for by the East Midlands East Maths Hub
For more information and the conference agenda please follow the link.
Free parking is available on the Cliftom Campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton Campus postcode is NG11 8NS.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton Campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of term-time)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in term-time)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton Campus, or number one to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.