Video Pitching 101
Accelerate Places and Nottingham Trent University invites creative and digital start-ups and scale-ups in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to attend Video Pitching 101.
- From: Tuesday 5 September 2017, 6 pm
- To: Tuesday 5 September 2017, 8.30 pm
- Registration: Networking and drinks from 5.30pm. Workshop begins at 6pm
- Location: Accelerate Places, The Poynt Bldg, 45 Wollaton Street, Nottingham, NG1 5FW,
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 5 September 2017, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This evening workshop is for those creative and digital businesses wanting to perfect their new business pitches and engage with their clients and potential investors through video. This session will be particularly important to those looking to compete in the Accelerate Places pitch competition. The winner will receive over £10,000 worth of prizes – including £5,000 cash bonus!
In this fast paced, interactive workshop, expect to:
- fine tune content and length of your pitch for communicating with investors
- learn how to confidently set up, film and edit your pitch videos
- improve your work with the support and critique from experts and peers
- network with local creative and digital businesses and entrepreneurs.
Please note that there are limited spaces for this event. If you have any queries about the workshop or the location for this event, please contact The Big House team.
In order to attend this workshop, please ensure:
- you are or want to start a creative or digital business
If you already are a small to medium enterprise (SMEs have fewer than 250 employees) in the creative or digital sector:
- you are based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire
- you have commenced trading and are registered with Companies House or HMRC.
Video Pitching 101 will be facilitated by Meeta Thareja and Suzie Campbell from MetaValue
MetaValue is a strategy and growth consultancy with a strong track record in helping SME and start-up businesses unlock their full potential. Metavalue’s approach is about harnessing the inherent strengths of a business and the people who run it so they are able to develop and flourish long after our engagement is over.
This London based company has been recognised and presented as best practice in the sector and Meeta Thareja was recognised as an Asian Woman of Achievement – Entrepreneur in 2014 for MetaValue’s achievements.
The Big House
The Big House supports the growth of creative and digital enterprises in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Nottingham Business School runs the Elevator workshops and can give small and medium enterprises financial support through the Elevator grants as part of The Big House programme. The Big House is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will run until 2019.
Accelerate Places, situated on Wollaton Street in the City, offers a collaborative, high tech environment, superior on site network, support services and access to funding - all geared up to support business growth.
The Poynt Bldg
45 Wollaton Street
Nottingham, NG1 5FW