New Products to Market for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Steps to Success SME support
This participative workshop, run by Incrementa will help SMEs explore the possibilities of new products and services. We will aid you in developing your ideas into concepts using elements of the marketing canvas and other interactive tools
- From: Tuesday 3 October 2017, 9.30 am
- To: Tuesday 3 October 2017, 3.30 pm
- Registration: 9 am
- Location: Newton 55, Nottingham Trent University, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 3 October 2017, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
This participative workshop, run by Incrementa will help SMEs explore the possibilities of new products and services. We will aid you in developing your ideas into concepts using elements of the marketing canvas and other interactive tools.
We will go through the innovation process step by step by exploring:
- Defining and understanding the market that you are operating in
- identifying gaps in the market where new products can be launched
- generating and prioritising new product ideas
- the product development process (briefing, costing, stage gates, approval)
- launching a new product (as part of an existing range, or as a new stand-alone product)
- driving sales on new products.
We will aid you in creating an action plan to take away with you and provide follow up advice and support to see make your plans into a reality.
The Incrementa team work to support, develop and grow enterprise and innovation activity. They have a proven track record in the design, development and delivery of enterprise and innovation programmes. Incrementa are experienced in working with start-ups, SMEs, large companies and knowledge base specialists in the support of business growth and innovation across the East Midlands. All are skilled in business start-up delivery, opportunity identification, innovation business development, culture change, business mentoring and project management.
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
9.30 am - An introduction to market research and insights.
9.45 am - How to research and benchmark your competitors.
10.15 am - Identifying gaps in this perception map.
10.30 am - Break
10.45 am - Where do new ideas come from? An introduction into new product / service.
11.15 am - Evaluating and testing new product ideas. Identifying and understanding the different tools available for businesses to evaluate their new product ideas.
12.15 pm - Lunch
1 pm - Product development process
1.30 pm - How to launch a new product
3.30 pm - Close
To book please click the 'Reserve your place' button above and complete the short online booking process.
If you have any queries in the meantime please contact Lianne Stevenson from the Enabling Innovation team:
Nottingham Business School
Direct Line: (0115) 8488903