Bake a Difference
Enabling Innovation - Alternative ingredients for food innovation
Adapt your existing baked products to cater to alternative diets (vegan, gluten free etc). Maintain high quality, great texture, and exceptional taste that customers expect.
- From: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 10 am
- To: Tuesday 21 November 2017, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.30 am
- Location: Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus, Brackenhurst Lane, Southwell, NG25 0QF
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Monday 20 November 2017, 8.00 pm
With gluten free, high protein, and vegan diets on the rise, learn what alternative functional ingredients are available to you and how you can use them to adapt your recipes for growing markets. This is essential for anyone running a bakery, commercial kitchen, or restaurant, or those wanting to explore functional ingredients to apply to their breads, cakes, and pastries.
Making use of the industry-standard development kitchens and dedicated food labs at Nottingham Trent University. We'll explore how alternative ingredients behave and work with your products in an interactive session.
The day’s sessions will focus on 4 key areas:
- Gluten Free
- Low Fat
- High Protein
Each attendee will leave the workshop with samples of the functional ingredients used throughout the day. Attendees will gain the knowledge to tap into new markets and grow their profits.
Content will include:
- Food Trends: What to look out for
- Functional ingredients: What are they & how can you use them?
- Combine the 2 to grow your business
- Hands-on sessions in the development kitchen
- Adapt your existing recipes to exploit new trends
- Develop new products to expand your business
10;00 Welcome & Introduction
11:00 Development Kitchen session 1: Gluten free & Vegan
14:00 Development Kitchen session 2: Low Fat & High Protein
16:00 Event close
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please contact:
+44 (0)115 848 2351
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).