Fine Art Live Lecture Series presents: Sidsel Meineche Hansen
Fine Art Lecture Series
We are delighted to invite Sidsel Meineche Hansen to speak as part of the 2017 Fine Art Live Lecture Series.
Sidsel Meineche Hansen is a Danish artist based in London. Her work takes the form of woodcut prints, sculptures, CGI and VR animations which typically foreground the body's industrial complex in the pharmaceutical, porn and tech-industries.
- From: Thursday 2 November 2017, 5.15 pm
- To: Thursday 2 November 2017, 7.30 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 2, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
Her work also manifest as group work, publications, and as an ongoing series of seminars. In 2009 she co-founded the research collective Model Court, and in 2015 she co-edited Politics of Study (London and Odense: Open Editions and Funen Art Academy).
Recent solo exhibitions include:
- OVER, Ludlow 38, New York, 2017
- NO RIGHT WAY 2 CUM, Transmission, Glasgow International, Glasgow 2017
- SECOND SEX WAR, Gasworks, London and Trondheim Art Museum, 2016
- ONE-self, Temporary Gallery, Cologne and Künstlerhaus Bremen, 2015
- INSIDER ,Cubitt Gallery, London, 2014
Recent organisational works include:
- Cultural Capital Cooperative Object #1&2, Rodeo, London, 2017
- Robot Means Forced Labour, Ludlow 38 New York, 2017
- What is an art work doing?, (together with Andrea Fraser), Wattis Institute, San Francisco, 2016
- This is not a symptom,South London Gallery, 2014–15
Please visit Hansen's website for more details about her work.
No prior booking required
This event is open to students, staff, alumni, and the general public.
Admission is free.
About the Fine Art Live Lectures Series
The Fine Art Live Lecture Series is an initiative by Nottingham Trent University's Fine Art course, whereby creative practitioners are invited to deliver a lecture to current students. The lectures are also open to staff, alumni and the general public.
Please note: The Fine Art Live Lectures take place during term-time only, complimentary refreshments are not served at these events.
The course also has an informal Facebook page giving details about forthcoming lectures.
For all enquiries, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8492
Image © Sidsel Meineche Hanse, Dick Girl, 2016
Our City Campus is located in Nottingham city centre. There are a number of public car parks within a short walk from the University – Trinity Square and Talbot Street. There is also limited metered on-street parking on Chaucer and Shakespeare Streets.
If you’re intending to park in the city centre, the closest (and largest) facilities to our City Campus are: