Fine Art Live Lecture Series presents: The White Pube
Fine Art Lecture Series
We are delighted to invite The White Pube (TWP) to speak as part of the 2017 Fine Art Live Lecture Series.
TWP are an artist collective comprising of Gabrielle de la Puente and Zarina Muhammad under which they write criticism, exhibit and curate.
- From: Thursday 16 November 2017, 5.15 pm
- To: Thursday 16 November 2017, 7.30 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 2, Newton building, Main Entrance, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
Since its launch in October 2015, TWP have gained an international readership and an involved social media following due to their success in diversifying the identity of the art critic. The Duo communicate through their website thewhitepube.com and on Instagram and Twitter as @thewhitepube.
TWP write to demand artistic quality from practitioners and institutions, decolonise and democratise gallery audiences, and encourage subjective criticism as an accessible and relevant form of art writing.
Recent exhibitions include:
- Marathon, Serpentine Gallery, London, October 2017
- Collective Manifestos for a Collective Future, Tate Modern, London, July 2017
- Nanny Cam, Basic Mountain, Edinburgh; the Bluecoat, Liverpool, and The White Building, London, June 2017
- This Is It, Isn't It?, Workplace, Newcastle, November 2016
- The 🌱 of Pablo, Hutt Collective, Nottingham, October 2016
Please visit TWP's website for more details about their work.
No prior booking required
This event is open to students, staff, alumni, and the general public.
Admission is free.
About the Fine Art Live Lectures Series
The Fine Art Live Lecture Series is an initiative by Nottingham Trent University's Fine Art course, whereby creative practitioners are invited to deliver a lecture to current students. The lectures are also open to staff, alumni and the general public.
Please note: The Fine Art Live Lectures take place during term-time only, complimentary refreshments are not served at these events.
The course also has an informal Facebook page giving details about forthcoming lectures.
For all enquiries, please email us or telephone +44 (0)115 848 8492
Our City Campus is located in Nottingham city centre. There are a number of public car parks within a short walk from the University – Trinity Square and Talbot Street. There is also limited metered on-street parking on Chaucer and Shakespeare Streets.
If you’re intending to park in the city centre, the closest (and largest) facilities to our City Campus are: