Crowdfunding Masterclass for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Steps to Success SME support
Designed for SMEs and will explore in detail how to setup, coordinate and complete a successful Crowdfunding Campaign.
- From: Wednesday 6 December 2017, 10 am
- To: Wednesday 6 December 2017, 3.15 pm
- Registration: 9.45 am
- Location: Vision West Nottinghamshire College, University Centre, Mansfield, NG18 5BH,
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 5 December 2017, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This workshop is designed for SMEs and will explore in detail how to setup, coordinate and complete a successful Crowdfunding Campaign. This session is a follow on from our Insight Breakfast which acted as an introduction to the topic. Previous and new attendees are welcome to attend.
We will take you through the process from start to finish, explaining how you can keep momentum during your campaign, use social media effectively to promote your campaign, give examples of successful and unsuccessful campaigns and guide you towards the most suitable platforms to boost your chances of success in this increasingly popular method of project funding.
Anne Strachan of Crowdfund UK
Our expert speaker will be Anne Strachan of Crowdfund UK. Anne has 20 years’ experience working as a trainer and fundraiser, working on project development, fundraising, business modelling, creativity and innovation. She has raised over £1 million from trusts, government and EU sources. She has been running workshops on Crowdfunding since 2012 and does them for all types of businesses and charity/voluntary sectors.
Feedback from Anne’s sessions:
- "An exciting introduction to a dynamic fundraising method – highly recommend"
- "I learned more about funding and social media than in any previous workshops I've been to"
- "Thanks for such a brilliant workshop. You had high energy and were excited about crowdfunding - the rest of us became so too"
- "Thank you so much for the workshop - you were brilliant and really inspiring!
9:45am – Registration and refreshments
10am – event commences
11:30 – refreshment break
12.30pm – networking Lunch
1:10 pm session continues
2:15pm – refreshment break
3:15pm – session ends
To book please click the 'Reserve your place' button above and complete the short online booking process.
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please contact Lianne Stevenson from the Enabling Innovation team:
Nottingham Business School
Direct Line: (0115) 8488903
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Mansfield, NG18 5BH