Law, Human Rights and Religion – Flashpoints
Law, Human Rights and Religion one day conference
One day conference on 11 December on themes which ignite debate in the current Law, Human Rights and Religion field
- From: Monday 11 December 2017, 9.30 am
- To: Monday 11 December 2017, 4.30 pm
- Registration: 9.30 am
- Location: Newton building, City campus, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Cost: £25 (Attendance is free for NTU staff and students)
- Booking deadline: Friday 8 December 2017, 12.00 am
One day conference on Monday 11 December 2017 on themes which ignite debate in the current Law, Human Rights and Religion field
Hosted by: the Centre for Conflict, Rights & Justice, Nottingham Trent University
Proposals for papers are invited relating to the theme of Law, Human Rights and Religion. We would particularly welcome submissions from within the following broad themes:
- Conflicts of Rights: Religion, Sexuality and Gender Identity
- Conflicts of Rights: Children and Religious Freedom
- The United Kingdom and Europe: Changing Relationships and the Implications for Religious Freedom
Guidance for Submissions
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- The following information must be contained within your submission email: Your name, the proposed title and an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- You are not required to submit a paper with your presentation, however if you choose to do and your proposal is accepted, you will have the opportunity to have your paper published in the Nottingham Law Journal should you wish.
- Submissions must be received by 5 pm on 15 November 2017
Format for Presentations and Papers
- Presentations should be approximately 20 minutes in length.
- You are very welcome to use Powerpoint slides if you wish to do so, but there is no requirement to do so.
- Please note that only Powerpoint presentations can be accommodated. For technical reasons, we regret that alternative software (such as Prezi) cannot be used.
Attending the Conference
- All those interested in the issues are very welcome to attend the conference, whether or not they are giving a presentation.
- There is a conference fee of £25 payable on the day (regardless of whether or not you are giving a presentation).
- Attendance is free for NTU students.
- There will be lunch provided, as well as tea/coffee and refreshments at registration and during the morning and afternoon breaks. If you have any special dietary requirements please notify us.
- If you have any special requirements to enable you to participate or participate more comfortably (e.g. large print copies of any handouts), please let us know and we will do our very best to meet them.
Nottingham has plenty of Park and Ride services, a number of which are run alongside the city’s tram service - the parking provision is always generous, and you can expect a tram every ten minutes. We recommend using them, as parking in the centre can quickly become expensive. Visit the NET site for more information on the city’s Park and Ride services.
If you’re intending to park in the city centre, the closest (and largest) facilities to our City Campus are:
Visit our travel pages for campus maps and detailed information on how to get here.