Managing and Leading Innovative Teams for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Steps to Success SME support
This workshop will challenge and support small business owners, leaders and entrepreneurs to introduce key enabling principles for innovation into their teams and processes.
- From: Monday 4 December 2017, 9 am
- To: Monday 4 December 2017, 1 pm
- Registration: 8.45 am
- Location: DRY 110, Nottingham Trent University, 50 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Sunday 3 December 2017, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This workshop will enable business owners to understand how to recruit and build an innovative, high-performing team. Attendees will leave the workshop with enhanced skills to empower, trust and develop their teams to work effectively together using role-modelling, self-analysis and practical exercise.
Content will include:
-Effective communication Techniques
-Dealing with difficult people, managing situations and resolving conflict
-Conducting appraisals - Positive and negative feedback
-Methods of tracking activity for staff
-Managing workloads and assignments using time management
Maureen Whyman, Lose the Box Creative Business Solutions
An experienced facilitator, Maureen’s coaching skills in continuous improvement and lean thinking means she also gives attendees tools and skills to practically and immediately improve their business processes or leadership style. Maureen has applied and refined her skills over many years, gaining rich experience from working in a diverse range of roles across different sectors. Example include:
- Industry – brewing, bottling, dairy, industrial laundry
- Service sectors – tourism industry, private consultancy, Inland Revenue, HMRC, Association for Project Management, and regional cross-government projects
- Social businesses - Click Nottingham, Sneinton Alchemy, Inuka, UK Community Organisers Ltd., First Tuesday networking groups, urban architect designers and public workshops.
8:45am – registration and refreshments
9am – Session commences
10.30am – refreshment break
10.40am session continues
12pm Session ends with networking lunch
To book please click the 'Reserve your place' button above and complete the short online booking process.
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please contact Lianne Stevenson from the Enabling Innovation team:
Nottingham Business School
Direct Line: (0115) 8488903
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
50 Shakespeare Street