Raise The Grade:English
Working together to improve GCSE grades
NTU's Raising the Grade Conferences are designed to raise GCSE attainment amongst grade 4/5 borderline learners from disadvantages backgrounds.
- From: Tuesday 16 January 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Thursday 18 January 2018, 3.15 pm
- Registration: 09:30-09:45
- Location: Burton Street, Nottingham,
- Cost: Raising the Grade Conferences are free of charge for schools to attend. We provide this service to ensure that young people from the most disadvantaged backgrounds have the ability to access attainment-raising events such as these. However, Raising the Grade conferences cost NTU £30 per pupil to run. This is covered by public funding for which we are accountable for reporting on. It is vitally important that you notify us of any reduction in student numbers or if your group are unable to attend the event, with at least 48 hours’ notice. We reserve the right to invoice schools for a £50 penalty for any group booking which fails to attend on the day or gives less than 48 hours’ notice of cancellation.
- Booking deadline: Friday 12 January 2018, 9.00 am
Pupils will attend highly interactive, confidence building workshops which address particular aspects of the GCSE curriculum that they find challenging, often loosing marks.
9.30 – 9.45 Arrival and registration
9.50 – 10.05 Welcome
10.10 – 11.00 Session one
11.00 – 11.10 Break
11.15 – 12.05 Session two
12.10 – 1.00 Session three
1.00 – 1.40 Lunch
1.45 – 2.35 Session four
2.40 – 3.15 Reflection
Maximum of 15 places per school
City Centre street parking is limited. Pupils can be dropped off at the bus stops on South Sherwood Street where they will be met by NTU Student Ambassadors who will escort them to the Nottingham Conference Centre.