Managing Uncertainty & Understanding Apprenticeships for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Business Innovation Academy Double-bill event
Join the Innovation Management and Leadership Hub for a double-bill event as part of their Business innovation Academy for SMEs
- From: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 8.45 am
- To: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 3.30 pm
- Registration: 8.45 am
- Location: Vision West Nottinghamshire College, Derby Rd, Mansfield, NG18 5BH
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
In this double workshop event, SMEs will be guided through two sessions to help innovation in their organisation.
Managing Uncertainty – A workshop for small business owners
We live in an uncertain world and when running your own business uncertainty and risk always need to be considered - but how do we manage the unknown?
This engaging session will offer interactive and useful activities that will encourage meaningful reflection and deliver useful takeaways for participants. We will cover the following key topics:
- Uncertainty in life
- How to manage uncertainty
- Focusing on things that can be controlled
- Bringing certainty to the important things
- Group discussions about working on the uncertainty within your own businesses
Following this workshop will be a networking lunch and then an event on Apprenticeships for SMEs 13:00-15:00. You may attend one or both events as you wish.
Understanding Apprenticeships for SMEs
This event is relevant for business owners and directors of small and medium sized businesses along with HR professionals within SMEs who are looking to support recruitment and employment processes.
Following the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy on April 6 2017 many business owners are still getting to grips with what this means for them. This informative workshop will guide you through:
- The changes in the structure and funding of apprenticeships and how they affect small businesses
- Taking on apprentices as a small business, processes and recruitment, the role of the training provider etc.
- Understanding the support and opportunities available to employers of apprentices
- Q and A session
We will discuss examples of placements and have group discussions about your own experiences, concerns or queries.
8.45 - Registration and Arrival
9.00 - Session 1 - Managing Uncertainty
12.00 - Lunch
13.00 - Session 2 - Understanding Apprenticeships for SMEs
15.30 - Event close
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please email us.
This event is part of a programme of Business Innovation Academy events being held across 2018. This programme will deliver support to businesses on the topics of:
- Pitching and Sales
To find out more about this event, and others planned. Please contact the Enabling Innovation team:
+44 115 84 88903