Food: Apprenticeships Work at NTU
Join NTU to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week, and explore the degree apprenticeships on offer in the field of food.
- From: Tuesday 6 March 2018, 1 pm
- To: Tuesday 6 March 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 12:45am
- Location: The Boardroom, Main Hall, Brackenhurst Campus, Nottingham, NG25 0QF
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 6 March 2018, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
National Apprenticeship Week 2018 presents a chance for employers to learn more about apprenticeship opportunities at Nottingham Trent University. This event will focus on NTU's portfolio of apprenticeships suited to those working with the food industry.
Offering practical advice and guidance on the entirety of the apprenticeship process, as well as an engaging insight into the state of the art facilities on offer to all NTU apprentices, this event will explore the following apprenticeships on offer:
- Food Industry Technical Professional
- Food Technologist (level 3)
As well as Food and Drink Manufacturing Manager* and Agrifood Industry Sustainability Manager* (level 7) currently being developed for 2019 entry.
Based at our sprawling Brackenhurst campus, within NTU's School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences, these unique programmes combine further/ honours level education with workplace learning to help address vital knowledge and skills gaps within the sector. They provide innovative work-based learning solutions that are designed to meet the needs of both the employer and learner. Carefully planned learning is complemented with work-based projects, enabling apprentices to apply their learning directly to the workplace.
Event attendees can expect the following on the day:
- Advice on the Apprenticeship Levy
- Information on all apprenticeship programmes on offer at NTU
- Advice on recruiting an apprentice
- A chance to talk with subject specialists
- A tour of the NTU facilities
- Information on how we can work with you
- An exclusive look at further apprenticeship developments
*subject to validation
12:45 pm: Registration
1 pm - 1:30 pm: Welcome, Introduction to Apprenticeship Finance and the application process
1:30 pm - 2 pm: NTU's food course portfolio
2 pm - 2:15 pm: Refreshments
2:15 pm - 3 pm: Facilities Tour (optional)
3 pm - 4 pm: Networking and one on one session (optional)
For directions on getting to the Brackenhurst Campus, visit out Travel Pages for campus maps and detailed information on how to get here. The NTU Brackenhurst Campus postcode is NG25 0QF.