Improving Year 1 Reading Outcomes through TA Led Literacy Activities: East Midlands Information Event
We would like to invite you to attend a briefing at Nottingham Trent University, 5.30 pm - 7.00 pm on Tuesday 20 March, to find out more about an Education Endowment Foundation funded trial which will be running in the East Midlands next academic year.
- From: Tuesday 20 March 2018, 5.30 pm
- To: Tuesday 20 March 2018, 7 pm
- Location: The Pavilion Building, Clifton Campus, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Nottingham, NG11 8NS
- Booking deadline: Monday 19 March 2018, 3.00 pm
This trial is an extension of an early study which showed evidence of effectiveness on children’s reading outcomes. Primary school teachers, SENCOs, Heads and Deputy Heads, as well as teaching assistants are all very welcome to attend and find out more.
Refreshments will be provided, and you will hear short presentations from the Education Endowment Foundation and project partners involved in the trial on topics including:
- Why this trial is so important
- What is involved in taking part
- Potential benefits for your school and pupils
To reserve your place, please click the reserve your place button.
Free parking is available on Clifton campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton campus postcode NG11 8NS.
Due to road works on the A453 (J24 from the M1) we suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of term time)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in term time)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton campus, or no.1 to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.