Legal Advice Seminar: Dementia and the Workplace
Enabling Innovation - Legal support for SMEs
Join the Legal Advice Centre for a breakfast seminar on Dementia as a workplace issue.
- From: Thursday 1 March 2018, 9 am
- To: Thursday 1 March 2018, 11 am
- Registration: 8.45 am
- Location: CHR1001, Chaucer, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 28 February 2018, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
We invite small and medium sized businesses in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to join the Legal Advice team for a seminar on Dementia and the Workplace.
Dementia is a growing issue for employers.
The removal of a default retirement age (together with a rising state pension age) means that the number of people in the workplace and affected by dementia is on the increase. At the same time, there is a wider lack of awareness that dementia can affect people at any age.
This Enabling Innovation seminar (run in conjunction with legal experts Gateley Plc) will take you through the issues. Key areas covered include:
- Symptoms and signs, and how to approach this sensitive issue;
- What are the rules on retirement, capability and age discrimination;
- What positive duties does an employer have to employees under the Equality Act 2010;
- The impact on carers; approaches to flexible working and support;
- Positive HR strategies to engage with mental health and wellbeing.
Clive Day and Fiona Debney - Gateley Plc
This informative session is a great opportunity for SMEs to discover more about how NTU can help their business with legal and innovation support. The event is free to attend for all businesses eligible to the Enabling Innovation programme and refreshments will be provided.
8:45: Registration and breakfast
9:00: Welcome, introduction to the Legal Advice Centre and Enabling Innovation
9:15: Dementia as a Workplace Issue, Clive Day and Fiona Debney
10:45: Q & A
11:00 Event Close
This event is part of a series of Legal Advice Seminar events:
Business Structures for SMEs
GDPR: An Introduction for SMEs
Intellectual Property for SMEs
Dementia in the Workplace
GDPR: Final Chance to Prepare
Employment Law for SMEs
Our events are repeated throughout the year. To find out more about when you can join our events, contact the Legal Advice Centre.
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).