Open Dome Event A Live Surface of the Sun
Visualization has become a challenging topic in astronomy. M Bencsik (NTU) will discuss his involvement in the recently opened BioCity facade using live NASA data.
- From: Thursday 29 March 2018, 8 pm
- To: Thursday 29 March 2018, 10 pm
- Location: CELS, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Clifton Lane, Nottingham,
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 28 March 2018, 11.59 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
The event will start at 8 pm with M Bencsik (NTU) talking about A Live Surface of the Sun - Using Live Data to Animate Large Scale Artwork. Refreshments will be offered from 7.45 pm in the CELS foyer. Afterwards, visitors will get a tour of the NTU observatory and the chance to see interesting objects in the spring sky using the observatory's telescopes, small telescopes and binoculars, if the weather allows it.
If the weather is not good, a small planetarium session will be offered in the observatory pointing out objects of interest.