Social Media and E-Commerce Workshop for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Business Innovation Academy Double-bill event
Join the Innovation Management and Leadership Hub for a double-bill event as part of their Business innovation Academy for SMEs
- From: Thursday 26 April 2018, 9 am
- To: Thursday 26 April 2018, 3.30 pm
- Registration: 8.45 am
- Location: Nottingham Playhouse, Wellington Circus, Nottingham, NG1 5AF
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 25 April 2018, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This event is now fully booked. For more information on how we can support your business with Social Media & E-Commerce, contact:
+44 115 84 88903
Enabling Innovation are dedicating a day to Social Media and E-Commerce management for small business owners. This event will be split into two parts.
The morning will comprise of a Social Media workshop. There will be a networking lunch at midday and we will then commence with the second session on E-Commerce at 13:00. Tea and coffee available throughout the day. You are welcome to attend one or both sessions.
Session 1: Social Media
Social Media is constantly evolving and changing and has quickly become the most effective way for businesses of all sizes to communicate with customers. There are many compelling reasons to use social media but this can be daunting, particularly for small businesses who often have less time and resources available. The enormous potential however makes this an exciting opportunity. This workshop will give you practical advice to aid in generating sales and solid relationships through the use of social media and support you in forming a strategy for your campaigns.
During this session we will:
- Look at the variety of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others
- Discuss which platforms to use depending on the type of business and product/service you have and how to make the most of your time on social media
- Investigate how to reach your audience and drive sales. We will discuss engaging content, communicating, tools to enhance campaigns and how to create a strategy
We will have a midday break with a networking lunch and continue with a session about E-Commerce.
Session 2: E-Commerce
You will learn about practical steps to grow your business through E-Commerce. We will discuss:
- Selecting your markets
- Content, pricing and cataloguing
- Customer relationship management
- After sales management
- Brand communication
The Oakridge Centre will be facilitating these sessions: They have extensive experience within social media, digital marketing and E-commerce with backgrounds on business coaching. They have a great understanding of the needs of small and medium sized enterprises. The company has worked with a number of organisations across a wide range of sectors including creative and digital industries.
8.45 - Arrival and registration
9.00 - Session 1 - Social Media
12.00 - Lunch
13.00 - Session 2 - E-Commerce
15.30 - Event close
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please email us.
This event is part of a programme of Business Innovation Academy events being held across 2018. This programme will deliver support to businesses on the topics of:
- Pitching and Sales
To find out more about this event, and others planned. Please contact the Enabling Innovation team:
+44 115 84 88903