Creative Thinking for Innovation: Lego Serious Play©
Elevator - North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire series
Improve problem-solving capacity and unlock creative thinking with Lego Serious Play©
- From: Wednesday 25 April 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Wednesday 25 April 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15 am
- Location: Main Committee Room, Ashfield District Council, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 8DA
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 24 April 2018, 10.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This workshop is open to creative or digital small and medium businesses based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. See our eligibility criteria and definitions.
All businesses need to solve problems and some are more sticky than others. This workshop brings leading applied creativity approaches and combines them with an introduction to Lego Serious Play©. The result is a workshop that offers insights into your current approach to problem solving and tools to approach product and service innovation more creatively.
Aside from the obvious fun of spending a day playing with Lego, you'll learn powerful and proven processes that can help you build stronger teams, have effective meetings, develop new business strategies and maximise innovation capacity in your organisation.
Participants will complete the Basadur profile before the workshop to get a greater understanding of their problem solving tendencies.
In this workshop you'll learn about:
- how to better define problems and consequently find better solutions more quickly
- your own problem solving tendencies and how to balance out gaps and weaknesses
- how to use Lego Serious Play© to think creatively about the challenges in your business.
This workshop will be run by Jonathan Bannister of Make Happy. Make Happy is a creative marketing agency and specialises in unleashing people’s creativity and help them channel this into strategic, business-focused ideas.
Any queries? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elevator North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire series is delivered in partnership with North East Derbyshire Council and Invest Mansfield & Ashfield.
The Big House
The Big House supports the growth of creative and digital enterprises in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Nottingham Business School runs the Elevator workshops and can give small and medium enterprises financial support through the Elevator grants as part of The Big House programme. The Big House is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and will run until 2019.
Photograph courtesy of Ellen Tobin.