Global Heritage Showcase
Designed to showcase the University-wide research theme, Global Heritage: Science, Management and Development, this event is aimed at internal staff and external collaborators.
The day will promote the specialist skills and university facilities to external collaborators, with an aim to springboard future collaborations leading to grant development, collaborative projects and publications.
- From: Friday 18 May 2018, 9 am
- To: Friday 18 May 2018, 5 pm
- Location: Talks: Lecture Theatre 2, Teaching and Learning building, Posters: Ground floor ISTeC building, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Nottingham,
- Booking deadline: Thursday 17 May 2018, 10.00 am
The event will celebrate current research by Nottingham Trent University (NTU) staff and students under the heritage theme, and illustrate what can be achieved with the support of research grants and external collaboration.
Guest speakers include:
- Dr Barney Sloane, Historic England
- Dr Raymond Bondin, Heritage Malta
- Dr Jon Henderson, University of Nottingham
- Professor Soumyen Bandyopadhyay, University of Liverpool
NTU speakers, displays and posters from a wide range of disciplines, representing the sub themes, include:
- History and Heritage Development
- Science for Heritage, Art and the Humanities
- Smart Preservation of Architectural and Urban Heritage
- Sustainable Heritage and Society
- Textile Heritage, Art and Design Conservation
Delegates are also invited to take a tour of the Imaging and Sensing for Archaeology, Art history and Conservation (ISAAC) Lab including its mobile lab facilities in the recently opened ISTeC building.
Reserve your place
This event is open to staff, students, and the public and is free to attend. To confirm your attendance please select 'reserve your place' at the top of the page.
For enquiries please contact Professor Haida Liang, School of Science and Technology
Parking is available at Clifton Campus for all visitors.
Clifton is about five miles from Nottingham city centre. The closest motorway junction is junction 24 on the M1. If you are using a sat nav to find us, the campus postcode is NG11 8NS, or you can get directions to NTU.
From junction 24 follow the A453 for seven miles to the Clifton Campus.
If you are travelling from the east follow the A52 and signs to Nottingham, then join the A453, signposted ‘M1 South’. The Clifton entrance will be on your right hand side.