Building the Business Case for New Technology
Elevator - Tech series
A hands-on workshop that helps businesses define the value of new technology, in order to better present their business cases to senior boards or investors.
- From: Wednesday 6 June 2018, 10 am
- To: Wednesday 6 June 2018, 1 pm
- Registration: 9.45 am
- Location: THiNK, Cobden Chambers, Nottingham, NG1 2ED,
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 5 June 2018, 12.00 am
This workshop is for businesses that are developing new technology for commercial purposes. It’ll help you to understand the role and value of your new technology, improving the business cases you present to clients and investors.
- learn how to communicate the value of new technology, helping to shape the strategic direction of your organisation
- use two frameworks to understand what senior leaders and investors need to know when considering and promoting your projects.
In this hands-on session, you’ll gain the practical know-how and confidence to communicate your ideas with flair, energy and ambition.
Associate Professor Donna Champion (facilitator), Nottingham Trent University
Dr Champion’s research focuses on understanding the impact of technology on society. She has expertise in regulation and governance issues in distributed systems, smart contracts, and the blockchain. She also specialises in the design and management of large complex systems, and has developed tools to support the integration of new technologies into critical infrastructures. Dr Champion has developed her extensive knowledge, skills and experience through collaborations with Jaguar Land Rover, Yorkshire Water, Trent Water, the British Association of Chemical Specialities, Motor Industry Research Association and E.ON.
Elevator Tech series
This workshop is part of the new Elevator Tech series, designed for businesses in the digital and technology sectors within Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. Workshops include:
- Embedding Innovation in your Business - 28 June 2018
- Going Global - 18 September 2018
- and an Investment Readiness miniseries - October 2018
The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support to Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas and nurturing start-ups to working with established business aiming for growth, our partner network provides specialist support. Access grants, one-to-one mentoring, networking events and tailored workshops, to help build the contacts, skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed. #TheBigHouse #ERDF