Nottingham Institute of Education Partnership Conference
The Conference will showcase research by partners of Nottingham Institute of Education and will include a keynote address by Professor Carrie Paechter, Director of Nottingham Centre for Children, Young People and Families.
- From: Thursday 28 June 2018, 9 am
- To: Thursday 28 June 2018, 4 pm
- Location: Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Nottingham,
- Cost: £50 per delegate (£25 if booked before Sunday 1 April)
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 27 June 2018, 12.00 am
The Conference will include presentations of school-based research projects including:
- Academic poster display (SEN and Inclusion)
- MA paper presentations
- Small-scale school research projects
Professor Carrie Paechter is the Director of the Nottingham Centre for Children, Young People and Families. Carrie began her career as a mathematics teacher and worked in various London comprehensive schools before moving to King's College London to research interdisciplinary coursework. Her other roles have included being the inaugural Dean of Goldsmiths Graduate School and Head of Educational Studies. She joined NTU in July 2017.
What is the Nottingham Centre for Children, Young People and Families?
The Centre combines the expertise of nearly 100 academics with practitioners, policy makers, students and - crucially - children, young people and families, to make a tangible and lasting difference to the lives of children, young people and families. If you would like to find out more, please follow the link.
Professor Dame Alison Peacock is Chief Executive of the Chartered College of Teaching. She is a member of the Royal Society's Education Committee, a trustee of Teach First, a Visiting professor of the University of Hertfordshire and a columnist for TES. In March 2015, Alison was appointed by the Department for Education as a member of the Commission on Assessment Without Levels and she is author of Assessment for Learning without Limits.
Book your place today at our online store. The cost per delegate is £50, or an Early Bird rate of £25 if booked before April 2018.
Free parking is available on Clifton campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton Campus postcode NG11 8NS.
Due to road works on the A453 (J24 from the M1) we suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton Campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of termtime)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in termtime)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton Campus, or no.1 to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.