Degree Apprenticeships for SMEs
Construction, Surveying and Civil Engineering
With the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy in April 2017, major opportunities are available for SMEs to grow the skills of existing employees or new recruits – and to gain financial support from the Government to do so.
This event provides practical advice and guidance on the entire apprenticeship process, as well as an engaging insight into the state of the art facilities available to all Nottingham Trent University (NTU) apprentices.
- From: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 9 am
- To: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11 am
- Location: Lecture Theatre 1, Newton building, Main Entrance, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Monday 30 July 2018, 10.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Focusing on our portfolio of Built Environment Degree Apprenticeships, we're offering guidance on the type of apprenticeship funding available for SMEs, and how to maximise the funds to support your business.
Our Built Environment Degree Apprenticeships
Based at our City Campus, within NTU's School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, these unique programmes combine honours level education with workplace learning to help address vital knowledge and skills gaps within the sector.
They provide innovative work-based learning solutions that are designed to meet the needs of both the employer and learner. Carefully planned learning is complemented with work-based projects, enabling apprentices to apply their learning directly to the workplace.
- Level 6 Chartered Surveyor | September 2018 intake
- Level 6 Civil Engineer | September 2018 intake
- Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Building Surveyor pathway)* | September 2018 intake
- Level 6 Construction Quantity Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship*
- Level 6 Construction Site Management Degree Apprenticeship*
*Subject to validation
What to expect from the event
- Advice on the Apprenticeship Levy
- Information on all apprenticeship programmes on offer at NTU
- Advice on recruiting an apprentice
- A chance to talk with subject specialists
- Information on how we can work with you
- An exclusive look at further apprenticeship developments
|9 am||Welcome, David Walker, Degree Apprenticeships Manager|
|9.15 am||Apprenticeship finance: an introduction|
|9.30 am||Application process|
|9.45 am – 10.15 am||Questions and answers|
|10.15 am – 10.30 am||Refreshments|
|10.30 am – 11 am||Facilities tour (optional)|
Reserve your place
To reserve your place at this event please select 'reserve your place' at the top of this page and complete a brief online booking form.
For all enquiries regarding this event please contact Melissa Gresswell, Apprenticeships Project Assistant, Nottingham Trent University.
There is no parking available at the University itself, but there are many car parking facilities within a couple of minutes' walk. The nearest car park is Talbot Street Car Park. If using this car park, please exit onto Chaucer Street.
To plan your journey to the NTU City Campus, please visit the Get Directions Page on the NTU website.