Professional Skills Test Revision Session - Literacy
Nottingham Trent University Institute of Education are offering a free short course in Literacy to help applicants for ITT prepare for this test. The course is open to all ITT applicants regardless of their intended route or ITT provider.
- From: Thursday 19 July 2018, 1.30 pm
- To: Thursday 19 July 2018, 4.30 pm
- Location: Ada Byron King Building, Room 005, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Nottingham, NG11 8NS
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 18 July 2018, 4.00 pm
Applicants for initial teacher training (ITT) courses which begin in 2018/19 and beyond are required to have passed the QTS skills tests in both numeracy and literacy before the start of their course. This applies to those intending to follow an employment based route into teaching, such as School Direct, as well as those intending to take the PGCE route or an assessment only route.
A refresher session is also available for the Professional Skills Test in Numeracy on Thursday 19th July at 9.30 pm - 12.30 pm, and must be booked separately.
This course will cover the key knowledge required to pass the literacy test including:
- commonly misspelt words
- the rules of grammar
- a guide to accurate paragraphing
- the format of the QTS comprehension test
- a guide to ensuring and checking for correct answers.
The focus throughout will be on the types of questions asked in the skills tests and common errors to avoid.
This is a free event, you just need to book your place using the 'reserve your place' button.
Free parking is available on Clifton Campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton campus postcode NG11 8NS.
Due to road works on the A453 (J24 from the M1) we suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of termtime)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in termtime)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton campus, or no.1 to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.