Elevator - Tech series
This workshop will help you to develop your business’s visibility and market performance overseas. It’s ideal for businesses looking to e-export products or services, with support from the Department of International Trade and Santander Bank.
- From: Tuesday 18 September 2018, 10 am
- To: Tuesday 18 September 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.45 am
- Location: Broadway Cinema, 14 - 18 Broad Street, Nottingham, NG1 3AL,
- Booking deadline: Monday 17 September 2018, 12.00 am
This event is for small or medium businesses with a significant focus on digital technology within Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
Are you seeking growth by trading overseas? This workshop brings together the expertise of the Department for International Trade and Santander Bank, to help businesses looking to e-export.
This workshop is open to businesses selling products or services. It will look at the business benefits of e-exporting – as well as the trading factors you’ll need to take into account – and introduce you to the “readiness-checker”. The session will be delivered by experienced digital international trade advisors; alongside their market knowledge and expertise, you’ll also hear about the real-world challenges and benefits of overseas trade from the perspective of local companies currently selling internationally. Our aim is to help attendees decide whether or not exporting is right for their own businesses, and to showcase the breadth of support that’s available.
You will find out:
- the Department for International Trade
- the role of International Trade Advisors
- the benefits and key considerations of e-exporting
- whether or not your business is ready to trade internationally
- your next steps
- the most commonly asked questions and answers
10 am — 12.30 pm: speakers and panel Q&A
Lunch is provided
13.00 pm - 16.00 pm: networking and the opportunity for one-to-one consultations with speakers and digital business advisors.
Charlie Ruigrok – Digital Trade Adviser, Department for International Trade
Charlie works with new e-export companies across a range of sectors, enabling them to exploit their international online potential whilst improving in-house digital skills and awareness. He helps businesses take advantage of the global growth of e-commerce to export their goods and services online.
Charlie can advise businesses on:
- international online sales, through owned channels and e-marketplaces
- developing an international digital marketing strategy
- global social media, and social listening
- SEO and localisation / globalisation of websites
- Analytics, and data analysis.
Sarah Bradley - Relationship Director, Santander Bank
Sarah works with SMEs in the East Midlands. After taking the time to understand their ambitions and plans for growth, she provides tailored funding solutions, advice on international trade, and support via the Santander Breakthrough programme.
Elevator Tech series
Our Elevator Tech series is designed for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based businesses in the digital and technology sectors. The workshops include:
- Building the Business Case for New Technology- 6 June 2018
- Embedding Innovation in your Business - 28 June 2018
- and an Investment Readiness miniseries - October 2018
The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support to Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas and nurturing start-ups to working with established business aiming for growth, our partner network provides specialist support. Access grants, one-to-one mentoring, networking events and tailored workshops, to help build the contacts, skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed. #TheBigHouse #ERDF