Investment Readiness 101
Elevator - Investment Readiness
A free, two day event for you to find out what kind of investment is right for your business, and what needs to be prepared to be pitch-ready. Practice and present your investment pitch to the group to refine your message.
- From: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15 am
- Location: THiNK, Cobden Chambers, 5 Coden Chambers, Pelham Street, Nottingham, NG1 2ED,
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 2 October 2018, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Businesses that attend Investment Readiness 101 will be automatically booked onto the subsequent Pitch Critique session and will receive one-to-one mentoring.
Day 1 - Investment Readiness 101 - 3 October 2018 (9.30 am - 4 pm)
Join the Knowledge Transfer Network to find out what kind of investment is right for you, and what needs to be prepared to be pitch-ready. The day will cover the investment ecosystem; including what investors look for, a toolkit for developing and delivering an investment deck and how to find investors.
Investment Readiness 101 will be delivered by Charlotte Thompson, Knowledge Transfer Manager | Access to Funding & Finance | KTN.
- develop and practice a 30 second personal pitch
- develop and practice a 7 minute pitch for your investment opportunity
- understand the different types of funding available
- learn about the structure and content of a pitch
- find out how to value your business
- learn what to expect at due diligence
- gain an insight into the investors perspective from Richard Blakesley, Co-Founder of and CEO of Capital Pilot.
All attendees are offered an optional 1:1 call with the Access to Funding & Finance team at the Knowledge Transfer Network, or with The Big House Digital Business Advisors, so they can practice their pitch and receive feedback.
Day 2 - Pitch Critique - 18 October 2018 (9.30 am - 4 pm)
This second session provides the opportunity for participants to refine their 7-minute pitches by presenting to the group and getting both peer feedback and constructive criticism from the Knowledge Transfer Network. Expect to:
- refresh your ideas from Investment Readiness 101 session
- trial your 7-minute pitch to the group
- receive professional and peer feedback.
Pitch Critique will be facilitated by KTN's Knowledge Transfer Managers; Andy Curtis and Charlotte Thompson for digital economy and funding and finance.
Investment Readiness series
Nottingham Trent University and the Knowledge Transfer Network jointly present this programme to better prepare companies to present their proposition to the investment community and to know what to expect when raising money.
The programme schedule allows companies to prepare and practise their investment pitches between sessions. This series is for tech businesses in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire that are already trading and starting to seek investment for their potential growth. Join us for:
- Investment Readiness 101 - 3 October 2018
- Pitch Critique - 18 October 2018
- Selection Panel – 25 October 2018
- Elevator Investor Showcase - 7 November 2018 (invite only).
This series is for small or medium businesses with a significant focus on digital technology within Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please check the definitions or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0115 848 4297.
About The Big House & The Knowledge Transfer Network
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project, provides free support for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
The Knowledge Transfer Network is Innovate UK’s network partner and also provides innovation networking for other funders in line with its mission to drive UK growth.
Get in touch with the team at email@example.com or on 0115 848 4297.
5 Coden Chambers