Introduction to The Big House Accelerator
Join The Big House team to learn more about the new Accelerator programme: high-value, high-quality, learning, mentoring and support from top digital innovators and one of the UK’s leading business schools – bespoke to your needs.
- From: Tuesday 6 November 2018, 9 am
- To: Tuesday 6 November 2018, 1 pm
- Registration: 8:45 am
- Location: Broadway Cinema, 14-18 Broad St, Nottingham, NG1 3AL,
- Booking deadline: Monday 5 November 2018, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Want to join the next generation of digital leaders in the UK? The Big House Accelerator will prepare you for your big conversations and opportunities – with bespoke support for a small, select group of talented, passionate founders and entrepreneurs who want to grow fast - delivered by top business leaders and one of the UK’s leading business schools. Come along to find out more and make your pitch.
The Accelerator selection events will include:
- An introduction to The Big House Accelerator with Dr Lynn Oxborrow, Nottingham Business School and Accelerator Facilitator, Adrian Rowland of Stratigen and Accelerator Facilitator, Mujeeb Rahman of Sirio Business Transformation.
- How the Accelerator will work, taster session and Q&A
- Getting to know you and your business – group and individual consultations
- Informal networking with like-minded business owners
- The chance to make your pitch
Make your pitch and get selected:
We’re looking for exceptional businesses from the digital and technology sector in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to join The Big House Accelerator. The Accelerator is for early-stage businesses that are trading and ambitious to grow fast. Pre-start businesses ready to go to market will also be considered.
Interested? Present your 3-minute pitch at this event plus submit a one-pager* to tell us:
- What you do and what problem you’re solving
- Who your customers/users are
- Why they need what you’re making and what they’re using now
- How your solution is better
- What you hope to achieve in the future
- Supported by stats to illustrate your pitch and plan for growth.
*Your written pitch can be submitted on the day or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not sure about pitching, you’re still welcome to come along to the event to find out more.
Shaped by feedback from the region’s most successful digital entrepreneurs – including what they wish they’d known when they were starting out, The Big House Accelerator will be tailored to you and your business. As part of a small, select group you’ll help to develop a local ecosystem you can thrive in, with high-value, high-quality learning, mentoring and support from top business leaders and one of the UK’s leading business schools.
Starting in January 2019, the Big House Accelerator will:
- Prepare you for your big conversations and opportunities.
- Fast track your business ideas and growth – in one go and in one place.
- Give you bespoke, in-depth relevant support tailored to you and your business.
- Challenge and inspire you as you stress-test your ideas and plan for growth.
- Open doors and help you make meaningful connections.
- Run from January-June 2019 including workshops, mentoring and access to academic research and resources.
We’ll let you know if you’ve been selected for The Big House Accelerator or refer you for alternative business support.
If you can’t make this event, you can still submit your one pager and video pitch to email@example.com. Deadline for applications: 9 November 2018
Got a question?
You’re welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 848 4297.
More about The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas, nurturing start-ups and new entrepreneurs, to working with established businesses wanting to grow, our partner network provides specialist support. You can access grants, 1-2-1 mentoring, networking events and workshops to help build contacts, skills and knowledge to succeed.
Nottingham, NG1 3AL