Managing Rapid Growth
Elevator - workshops for creative and digital businesses
Is your business growing – fast? Are you keen to learn how to transition, manage and plan for rapid growth, and prepare your enterprise to take its next steps?
- From: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15 am
- Location: Broadway Cinema, 14-18 Broad St, Nottingham, NG1 3AL,
- Booking deadline: Monday 12 November 2018, 12.00 am
As a sole-trader or small business owner, you need to understand what is expected of you as the size of your operations expand. As well as registering with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), a growing business may also require you to take on new costs and responsibilities. These can include things like increasing the size of your workforce, or moving to bigger premises.
This workshop will support your understanding of managing this transition and the steps you need to take to prevent disruption as your operating costs increase.
Expect to understand:
- what it means to take on new employees or premises.
- your VAT responsibilities
- implications of becoming VAT registered
- how you can manage growth to handle new costs.
Managing Rapid Growth is part of the Elevator series run by The Big House programme. This free workshop is specifically for creative and digital small-to-medium businesses based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. Get the support you need to grow by joining us on our next events:
- Business Model Canvas
- Marketing 101
- Employing for the First Time
- Building Stronger Sales
- Embedding Innovation in your Business
The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas, nurturing start-ups and new entrepreneurs, to working with established businesses wanting to grow, our partner network provides specialist support. You can access grants, 1-2-1 mentoring, networking events and workshops to help build contacts, skills and knowledge to succeed.
Nottingham, NG1 3AL