Managing Rapid Growth
Is your growing business nearing the VAT tax threshold? Learn how to transition, manage and plan for rapid growth, and prepare your enterprise to take its next steps.
- From: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Tuesday 13 November 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15 am
- Location: Broadway Cinema, 14-18 Broad St, Nottingham, NG1 3AL,
- Booking deadline: Monday 12 November 2018, 12.00 am
All sole-traders and small businesses need to understand and anticipate what is expected of them when they near the VAT tax threshold. Businesses are expected to register with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and take on new responsibilities and costs. Many need to grow quickly to adapt with the incurring costs, by increasing members of staff or changing premises.
This workshop will support your understanding of how to manage this transition and the steps you need to take to prevent disruption with the increasing costs in your business.
Expect to understand:
- your VAT responsibilities
- implications of becoming VAT registered
- how you can manage growth to handle new costs
- what it means to take on new employees or premises.
Managing Rapid Growth is part of the Elevator series run by The Big House programme. This free workshop is specifically for creative and digital small-to-medium businesses based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. Get the support you need to grow by joining us on our next events:
- Business Model Canvas
- Marketing 101
- Employing for the First Time
- Building Stronger Sales
- Embedding Innovation in your Business
The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas, nurturing start-ups and new entrepreneurs, to working with established businesses wanting to grow, our partner network provides specialist support. You can access grants, 1-2-1 mentoring, networking events and workshops to help build contacts, skills and knowledge to succeed.
Nottingham, NG1 3AL