NTU Psychology - Family Day
A fun and interactive science day for 4 - 11 year olds with their parents / carers
This family day is ideal for parents / carers and for children between 4 and 11 years of age. We will have a host of activities for your children (and yourselves) to take part in.
- From: Saturday 10 November 2018, 10 am
- To: Saturday 10 November 2018, 3 pm
- Location: Taylor Building, Nottingham Trent University, Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
Loads of fun activities across 6 zones. Some examples include:
- Make yourself a hat that displays all the areas of the brain
- Make yourself a brain model and a model of a neuron to take home
- Toddler play area
- Reading and literacy corner
Growing Up Zone
- See what the Marshmallow test involves
- See how family circles are generated and what they can tell you about children’s lives
- See how eye glasses are used to ‘track’ where adults and children are looking
- View our observation lab
- Find out about how the mind deals with conflicting information
- Where’s Wally? How do we search visual scenes for information?
- Take part in our Tower of Hanoi competition
Brain and Body Zone
- See what information you can get from your body movements
- Have a look at a model of the brain
- Move objects with the power of the mind
- Discover the wonderful world of optical illusions
- How many bean bags can you get in our bin when wearing our upside-down glasses?
- See how we use our senses when balancing
- Experience what it’s like to have hearing loss or a cochlear implant
Take part in a host of studies we have on offer. Examples include exploring the relationship between videogame playing, tablet use, and visual attentional function in children, and research assessing peer influences on risk-taking amongst children.
No need to book. Just come along any time between 10 am and 3 pm.
Please email us at PsychologyNTUFamilyDay@ntu.ac.uk if you would like any more information about the event or if you have any other enquiries.
Directions from ‘The Forest’ Park and Ride (or any other tram stop north of the city)
Take the tram into the city centre and get off at the ‘Nottingham Trent University’ stop (2 stops from The Forest, about a 10 minute walk).
Continue walking up the hill (in the direction of the tram that you just got off) until you see Chaucer Street on the right hand side (opposite the Newton Building).
Walk up Chaucer Street for approximately 200 metres and the Taylor Building will be on your right hand side.
Directions from the city centre
Follow the route of the ‘Phoenix Park’ or ‘Hucknall’ tram – this tram goes from the Market Square, up past Debenhams and past the Theatre Royal. Keep following the tram route until you see Chaucer Street on your left hand side (opposite the Newton Building). Walk up Chaucer Street for approximately 200 metres and the Taylor Building will be on your right hand side.