Employing for the First Time
Elevator - workshops for creative and digital businesses
Thinking of becoming an employer for the first time? Understand the implications of taking on your first employee and prepare to expand your business.
- From: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 9.30 am
- To: Wednesday 12 December 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15 am
- Location: Broadway Cinema, 14-18 Broad St, Nottingham, NG1 3AL,
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 11 December 2018, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
If you are a sole-trader, working at capacity and thinking of taking on your first employee or seeking new premises, this workshop is for you. You’ll learn about the basic implications of taking on your first employee; what needs to change, what you need to prepare and how it will affect your business.
This workshop will cover:
- What you need in place to be an employer.
- The legal implications you need to consider when hiring an individual.
- Workplace pensions and your options.
- Creating details of the job (terms and conditions and contracts).
- Finding suitable premises and office space.
- The responsibilities of managing an individual.
Managing Rapid Growth is part of the Elevator series run by The Big House programme. This free workshop is specifically for creative and digital small-to-medium businesses based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. Get the support you need to grow by joining us on our next events:
- Business Model Canvas
- Marketing 101
- Managing Rapid Growth
- Building Stronger Sales
- Embedding Innovation in your Business
The Big House
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund, The Big House project provides free support for Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire-based creative and digital businesses.
From developing potential business ideas, nurturing start-ups and new entrepreneurs, to working with established businesses wanting to grow, our partner network provides specialist support. You can access grants, 1-2-1 mentoring, networking events and workshops to help build contacts, skills and knowledge to succeed.
Nottingham, NG1 3AL