Introduction to 3D Printing for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Driving Productivity with the Power of 3D Printing
Exploring new technologies for your business with 3D printing innovation
- From: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 9 am
- To: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 1 pm
- Location: Room TBC, Nottingham Trent University, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Monday 17 December 2018, 5.00 pm
Driving Productivity with the Power of 3D Printing
This 3-hour session will explain the wide spectrum of Additive Manufacturing technologies in use today. Building upon a theoretical grounding, the session will demonstrate how a 3D part file is processed to make it ready for 3D printing and may include some hands-on demonstrations.
The workshop offers a comprehensive introduction to 3D Printing and how to apply it within a product development cycle.
The workshop will be delivered by Dana Church with many years industry experience in design and manufacturing, integrating 2D and 3D Design disciplines with disruptive digital technologies into the production process.
Snapshot of Event:
- Illustrative discussions on the different 3D Printing technologies and their applications
- Demonstrations of various 3D printing software, allowing you to choose what works best
- Tips for Designing for 3D Printing
- Learn useful and advanced setup and print techniques to achieve optimal results.
- See 3D printers in action (video and live)
- 3D Printing to quickly produce proof-of-concept and prototype products to accelerate your product design to manufacture cycle
- Gain a better understanding of 3D printing and the model preparation software that supports it
Introduction to 3D Printing and Laser-cutting double-bill
This is just one part of a double bill of events for SMEs exploring design technology. We encourage delegates to book on to both events and enjoy the whole day with us, we also give you the option to book on to just one event.
Introduction to Laser-cutting for SMEs
12.30 pm - 4 pm
9am – Registration and networking breakfast
9.30am – Intro to 3D Printing
12.30pm – Break and complimentary, networking lunch
To sign up to this event, please click 'Reserve your place' button.
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please email us.
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).