Introduction to Laser-cutting for SMEs
Enabling Innovation - Driving Productivity with the Power of Laser-cutting
Exploring new technologies for your business with laser-cutting innovation
- From: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 12.30 pm
- To: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 12.30 pm
- Location: Room TBC, Nottingham Trent University, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4FQ
- Cost: Free
- Booking deadline: Monday 17 December 2018, 5.00 pm
This 3-hour session will be split up into two parts and will give you a general overview of the fantastic designs you can create using laser cutters.
In the first half of the session, you will be guided through the process of how to turn your ideas into a file suitable for laser cutting.
This will touch on:
- Design and the different programmes you can use such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw and more
- How to prepare and save files so they are suitable for Laser Cutting
The second half of the session is all about the Laser Cutter and you will:
- Be guided through the processes of sending a file to cut
- Learn about the different materials that can be cut and engraved
- See the machine in action
Introduction to 3D Printing and Laser-cutting double-bill
This is just one part of a double bill of events for SMEs exploring design technology. We encourage delegates to book on to both events and enjoy the whole day with us, we also give you the option to book on to just one event.
Introduction to 3D Printing for SMEs
9 am - 1 pm
12:30 pm - Registration (for those not on the 3D Print workshop) & networking lunch
1 pm – Intro to Laser Cutting
4 pm - Close
To sign up to this event, please click 'Reserve your place' button.
If you would like any further information about this event before booking your place, please email us.
This event is free to attend, but attendees must register in advance. In order to attend this event you must be eligible for support from the Enabling Innovation Programme, which supports SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Enabling Innovation is a three-year collaboration between Nottingham Trent University, the University of Nottingham, and the University of Derby to support SMEs in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire to innovate. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).