Flashpoints: Human Rights, Law & Religion
One day conference
One day conference on Monday 17 December on themes which ignite debate in the current Law, Human Rights and Religion field
- From: Monday 17 December 2018, 10 am
- To: Monday 17 December 2018, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.30 am
- Location: Chaucer Building, City campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
- Cost: £25 (Attendance is free for NTU staff and students)
- Booking deadline: Friday 14 December 2018, 12.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
On Monday 17 December 2018, for the third year running, Nottingham Law School’s Centre for Rights and Justice will be holding its one day Flashpoints conference exploring themes which ignite debate in the field of Law, Human Rights and Religion.
Proposals for papers are invited relating to the broad theme of Law, Human Rights and Religion. We would particularly welcome submissions from within the following themes:
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity issues
- Children’s Rights
- Duties of the State and Public Bodies
- Historical Papers
Guidance for Submissions
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following information must be contained within your submission email: Your name, the proposed title and an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- You are not required to submit a paper with your presentation.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm on Thursday 1 November 2018
Format for Presentations and Papers
- Presentations should be approximately 20 minutes in length.
- You are very welcome to use Powerpoint slides if you wish to do so, but there is no requirement to do so.
- Please note that only PowerPoint presentations can be accommodated. For technical reasons, we regret that alternative software (such as Prezi) cannot be used.
Attending the Conference
- All those interested in the issues are very welcome to attend the conference, whether or not they are giving a presentation.
- To register for the conference please visit our Online Store where there is a conference fee of £25 payable (regardless of whether or not you are giving a presentation).
- Attendance is free for NTU students.
- Proceedings will start at 10.00 am (with registration from 9.30 am) and finish at 4.00 pm.
- There will be lunch provided, as well as tea/coffee and refreshments at registration and during the morning and afternoon breaks. If you have any special dietary requirements please notify us.
- If you have any special requirements to enable you to participate or participate more comfortably (e.g. large print copies of any handouts), please let us know and we will do our very best to meet them.
Nottingham has plenty of Park and Ride services, a number of which are run alongside the city’s tram service - the parking provision is always generous, and you can expect a tram every ten minutes. We recommend using them, as parking in the centre can quickly become expensive. Visit the NET site for more information on the city’s Park and Ride services.
If you’re intending to park in the city centre, the closest (and largest) facilities to our City Campus are:
Visit our travel pages for campus maps and detailed information on how to get here.