Pay What You Can Performance: Wonderland at Nottingham Playhouse
Are you a student based at the Clifton Campus? Don't miss your chance to get Pay What You Can tickets for Nottingham Playhouse's 7.30 pm performance of Wonderland on Thursday 14 February. Nottingham Playhouse staff will be on campus between 10 am and 12 noon selling tickets to NTU students. Simply visit their stand in the Pavilion building and pay whatever you can – 50p, £1, £5 – for your ticket.
- From: Thursday 14 February 2019, 10 am
- To: Thursday 14 February 2019, 12 pm
- Location: Pavilion building, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS
- Download this event to your calendar
How it works
Visit the stand in the Pavilion building, complete a Pay What You Can form, and place the form and what you're willing to pay for your ticket in an envelope.
- Tickets are available to NTU students only (valid ID required).
- Tickets are only available for the 7.30 pm performance on Thursday 14 February.
- Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis and issued in sequence.
- Pay What You Can tickets cannot be bought online or over the telephone.
- Holding a space in the queue for others is not permitted.
- Two tickets will be allocated per form only.
- Completing forms for people who are not present is not permitted.
- You cannot select your seat or which area your ticket of the auditorium your ticket is for.
- Payments must be made in cash only.
- Pay What You Can tickets cannot be exchanged for other performance or refunded.
- You must bring your tickets to the performance - Nottingham Playhouse is unable to reprint tickets.
Nottinghamshire, 1983. Two 16 year olds wait nervously at the pithead. Guided by a veteran miner, they descend into the brotherhood, banter, searing heat and liquid blue light of Welbeck Colliery.
Meanwhile in London, an American CEO known as The Butcher is brought in to reform King Coal. Pits close and a strike is called.
A Tory MP tussles with his leader’s hard line ideology, whilst an eccentric dandy is sent undercover to break up the strike. Cracks appear on all sides as the embattled miners are torn apart trying to protect their livelihoods and families. Nothing will be the same again.
Wonderland is the spirited and uplifting drama written by the daughter of a Nottinghamshire miner. Expect dark humour and tension in this 360° look at the events leading up to and during the miner’s strike.
Winner: Best Design, UK Theatre Awards 2018
★★★★ “This is a big play…full of heart.” The Guardian
★★★★ “Powerful, pertinent drama” The Stage
“Exceptional programming from Nottingham’s new Artistic Director Adam Penford” WhatsOnStage
If you're a member of NTU staff, or a student based at Brackenhurst or City Campus, Pay What You Can tickets will be available from Nottingham Playhouse's box office for the Wednesday 13 February performance of Wonderland. Visit the Nottingham Playhouse website for more information.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0115 848 8234.