Nottingham Institute of Education Partnership Conference 2019
The Conference will showcase research by partners of Nottingham Institute of Education and will include a keynote address by Professor Clare Wood, Nottingham Trent University.
- From: Thursday 27 June 2019, 9 am
- To: Thursday 27 June 2019, 4 pm
- Location: Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, Nottingham,
- Cost: £50 per delegate (£25 if booked by Sunday 31 March)
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 26 June 2019, 12.00 pm
The Conference will include presentations of school-based research projects including:
- Academic poster display (SEN and Inclusion)
- MA paper presentations
- Small-scale school research projects
Keynote speaker - Professor Clare Wood, Nottingham Trent University
Professor Clare Wood joined Nottingham Trent University in May 2017. Prior to that she was Executive Director of the Centre for Psychology, Behaviour and Achievement at Coventry University. She primarily teaches developmental and educational psychology and has been awarded the British Psychology Society’s Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Psychology. In 2000 she received the International Reading Association’s Reading / Literacy Research Fellowship which is given to “a researcher residing outside the US or Canada who has shown exceptional promise in reading research”.
Her research interests over the last 20 years include the early identification and remediation of literacy difficulties in children, the relationships between spoken and written language skills, and the educational potential of technology. Her work on the impact of text messaging on literacy skills received widespread attention in the international media. She is currently exploring the impact of digital text exposure in the early years on literacy-related outcomes in children.
She has long-standing interests in speech rhythm and reading development and her work in this area has been integrated into resources for teachers as part of a new reading scheme launched in 2016.
Book your place today at our online store. The cost per delegate is £50, or an Early Bird rate of £25 if booked before April 2019.
Free parking is available on Clifton campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton Campus postcode NG11 8NS.
Due to road works on the A453 (J24 from the M1) we suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton Campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of termtime)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in termtime)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton Campus, or no.1 to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.