Degree Apprenticeships for SMEs within Construction, Surveying and Civil Engineering
With the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy in 2017, major opportunities are available for SMEs to grow the skills of existing employees or new recruits, and gain financial support from the Government to do so.
This event provides practical advice and guidance on the entire apprenticeship process, as well as an engaging insight into the state of the art facilities available to all Nottingham Trent University (NTU) apprentices.
- From: Tuesday 30 July 2019, 9 am
- To: Tuesday 30 July 2019, 11 am
- Location: Lecture Theatre 1, Newton Building, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Monday 29 July 2019, 4.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Focusing on our portfolio of Built Environment Degree Apprenticeships, we're offering guidance on the type of apprenticeship funding available for SMEs, and how to maximise the funds to support your business.
Our Built Environment Degree Apprenticeships
Based at our City Campus, within NTU's School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, these unique programmes combine honours level education with workplace learning to help address vital knowledge and skills gaps within the sector.
They provide innovative work-based learning solutions that are designed to meet the needs of both the employer and learner. Carefully planned learning is complemented with work-based projects, enabling apprentices to apply their learning directly to the workplace.
Currently on offer and in development within the field of build environment are:
- Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Management), September 2019 intake
- Level 6 Civil Engineering, September 2019 intake
- Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Building Surveyor pathway), September 2019 intake
- Level 6 Chartered Surveyor (Real Estate pathway)*, September 2019 intake
- Level 7 Architect*, September 2019 intake
*subject to validation
What to expect from the event
This event will cover a variety of topics and areas such as:
- Advice on the Apprenticeship Levy
- Information on all apprenticeship programmes on offer at NTU
- Advice on recruiting an apprentice
- A opportunity to talk to subject specialists
- Information on how we can work with you
- An exclusive look at further apprenticeships in development
|9:00am||Welcome, David Walker, Degree Apprenticeship Manager|
|9:15am||Apprenticeship Levy: an introduction, plus funding for SMEs|
|9:30am||Apprenticeship Degrees explained|
|10:00am||Questions and Answers|
|10:40am||Facilities Tour (optional)|
You can book your place via the link at the top of the page. If you have any further questions regarding the event, or the degree apprenticeships at NTU, contact Alison Cook, Industry Skills Manager at NTU.