Mental Health in Schools Conference
This small conference supports partner schools with their responsibilities regarding mental health in schools. It provides the opportunity to share practice, hear from experts in the field, and engage in workshop activities.
- From: Friday 12 July 2019, 9 am
- To: Friday 12 July 2019, 4 pm
- Registration: 8.30 am
- Location: The Pavilion Building, Clifton Campus, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus, College Drive, Nottingham, NG11 8NS
- Cost: £50 per delegate (£25 if booked by Friday 3 May)
- Booking deadline: Thursday 11 July 2019, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
Over recent years schools have felt increasing burdens as the support systems they have traditionally relied upon have been squeezed by rising costs and decreasing budgets. At the same time demands in schools seem to grow, with an increasing awareness of the mental health needs of children and of the severe consequences that may arise if these are not addressed.
This conference aims to support schools’ mental health work by providing opportunities to hear about case studies, learn from good practice, and build on research evidence.
This event has now passed, however presentations from the event are now available below:
- How and why schools can be better than CAMHS
- Impact screenshots
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Character and resilience education: A policy review
- Mental health - the Newark way
- Mental health in schools conference 2019
- Psychological handwashing - the power of everyday interactions
- Schools as mental health hubs: observations of a school trustee
- “MIND the Gap” between young people’s mental health and current care delivery
Book your place today at our online store. The cost per delegate is £50, or an Early Bird rate of £25 if booked by 30 April 2019.
Free parking is available on Clifton campus.
Travelling by car?
For complete road directions from anywhere in the UK, get directions to NTU. The Clifton Campus postcode NG11 8NS.
Due to road works on the A453 (J24 from the M1) we suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
- From the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 24 and follow the A453 towards the city. Clifton Campus is on the left-hand side approximately seven miles from the motorway.
- From the A60 North: Leave the A60 at A6514 and follow the Ring Road for approximately eight miles. Keep in the right-hand lane as the road splits in two and follow the road under the overpass, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A60 South: Join the A52 and exit at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
- From the A52: Leave the A52 at A453, signposted M1 South. Go straight ahead at the roundabout and Clifton Campus is on your right-hand side.
Travelling by bus? (outside of termtime)
Please use bus service no. 1. More details and a timetable are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.
Travelling by bus? (in termtime)
Please use bus service Go 2 Uni 4 to the Clifton Campus, or no.1 to Clifton Lane. More details and timetables are available from the Nottingham City Transport website.