Managing and Leading People in Organisations – City Campus
This free 3-day course run by the Nottingham Business School is focused on women in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who want to progress into senior or leadership roles.
The course is held as part of the Priority Skills for D2N2 SMEs project, which is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
- From: Monday 9 September 2019, 10 am
- To: Wednesday 11 September 2019, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.45am
- Location: NEWN55, NTU City Campus, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Thursday 5 September 2019, 11.59 pm
Women play a huge role in business across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, but they are often paid less than their male counterparts. They are also more likely to miss out on career development opportunities due to factors such as part-time working to juggle responsibilities like childcare or caring for relatives.
The purpose of the Managing and Leading People in Organisations course is to develop an understanding of how to manage your own continuous professional development in order to be a more effective leader and to enable the achievement of career goals. You will access a range of learning activities designed to develop personal, professional and leadership capability.
The course is over three consecutive days from 10am-4pm each day. The dates are:
- Monday 9 September 2019
- Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Wednesday 11 September 2019
Before enrolling, take some time to read about the Priority Skills for D2N2 SMEs project, including course content and learning outcomes.
The course will run from 10am to 4pm each day and will cover the following topics:
- Creating a supportive environment to focus on practical issues facing women in SMEs
- Exploring gender differences in leadership tendencies, and how these impacts how women lead
- Developing an understanding of effective leadership and management strategies and styles that support employee engagement and performance, individually and in teams
- Understanding management and leadership issues and trends in organisations
- Developing effective learning strategies in order to achieve your career objectives
- Developing the ability to use reflective practice to improve your performance and continuous development
- Understanding how to identify ongoing development needs for continuous career management
Reserve your place by completing the booking form.
Parking is available across Nottingham City Centre either on-street or in car parks.
For more information, visit the Nottingham City Council website.