Images of Research 2019 – Celebration event
In May 2019 NTU launched its first Images of Research 2019 competition offering NTU researchers the chance to illustrate or represent their research using a single image along with an engaging short description.
- From: Thursday 31 October 2019, 5 pm
- To: Thursday 31 October 2019, 7 pm
- Location: Newton Central Court, Newton Building, City Campus, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
In May 2019, Nottingham Trent University launched its first Images of Research competition - offering NTU researchers the chance to illustrate or represent their research using a single image along with an engaging short description. This year's competition has been a resounding success, with 66 entries submitted for the 27 September 2019 deadline. We were looking for images that really draw us in and entice us to want to know more about the research - and our research community have done just that!
The judges now have the difficult task of deciding on winners which will be announced at our celebration event on Thursday 31 October 2019.
Join us for a drinks reception from 5 pm with the opportunity to view an exhibition of all the amazing entries.
A 1st prize winner and two runner up prizes will be announced on the evening by Nigel Wright, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation.
To view all the entries online visit the Images of Research landing page.
Images used copyright courtesy of:
- Elephant: Laxmi Aggarwal, Postgraduate Researcher, School of Social Sciences, 2019
- Clipstone Colliery Headstocks: Patricia Francis, School of Arts and Humanities, 2019
- Cyclist: Dr Steve Faulkner, Senior Lecturer in Sports Engineering, School of Science and Technology, 2019
- Philippines Park: Dalton Baltazar, Postgraduate Researcher, School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences, 2019
|5:00 pm||Event opens in Newton Central Court|
|5:30 pm||Drinks and canapés|
|5:45 pm||Nigel Wright (Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation) presentation to winners|
|6:00 pm||Exhibition officially opens|
|7:00 pm||Event close|