NTU Psychology Family Day 2019
The NTU Psychology Family Day is ideal for parents and carers, and for children between 4-11 years of age. We will have a host of activities for your children (and yourselves) to take part in.
The day is a drop-in style event, open to the public.
- From: Saturday 16 November 2019, 11 am
- To: Saturday 16 November 2019, 3.30 pm
- Location: Taylor Building, Chaucer Street, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
The day will feature a range of fun activities across a total of 7 zones. Some examples include:
Fun and Friendship Zone:
- Make yourself a hat that displays all the areas of the brain
- Make yourself a brain model and a model of a neuron to take home
- Colour in your very own Elmer the elephant and add it to our friendship chain
- Toddler play area
Growing Up Zone:
- Have a go at the Marshmallow test
- See how family circles are generated and what they can tell you about children’s lives
- See how eye glasses are used to ‘track’ where adults and children are looking
- View our observation lab
Brain and Body Zone:
- See what information you can get from your body movements
- Have a look at a model of the brain
- Move objects with the power of the mind
- Where’s Wally? How do we search visual scenes for information?
- Discover the wonderful world of optical illusions
- How many bean bags can you get in our bin when wearing our upside-down glasses?
- See how we use our senses when balancing
- Experience what it’s like to have hearing loss or a cochlear implant
- How good are your driving skills? Have a go on our driving simulator.
- Relax in our reading zone and explore a selection of our favourite children’s books.
- Take part in a host of studies we have on offer, examples include exploring the relationship between videogame playing, tablet use, and visual attentional function in children, and research assessing peer influences on risk-taking amongst children.
This event is free to attend and is open to the public.
Nottingham Trent University