Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeships: One Year In
This Civil Engineering: One Year In event is an opportunity to share your reflections, lessons learned and experiences of civil engineering degree apprenticeships
The course is held as part of the High Level Skills programme, which is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
- From: Wednesday 18 December 2019, 8.45 am
- To: Wednesday 18 December 2019, 12 pm
- Registration: 8.45am
- Location: Lecture Theatre 1, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 17 December 2019, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
This Civil Engineering: One Year In event is an opportunity to share your reflections, lessons learned and experiences of civil engineering degree apprenticeships. This event is organised by the Institution for Civil Engineers (ICE) and Nottingham Trent University (NTU), and is for you if you are:
- an employer or education provider within the East or West Midlands
- a large employer employing one or more civil engineering degree apprentices
- a supervising civil engineer, delegated engineer, or mentor support an apprentice through their initial professional development
- an education provider running a degree apprenticeship programme
If you are any of the above, you are invited to join us on this half day symposium to share the experiences you have gained after the first full year of operation of the degree apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to hear from and ask questions to:
- other university providers including NTU, the University of Derby, Coventry University, the University of Warwick and the University of Wolverhampton
- other employers of degree apprentices
- the apprentices themselves
- ICE as the end-point assessor
There will also be the opportunity to network over lunch.
Please note – places are limited and will be restricted initially to two places per organisation to ensure maximum participation.
8.45am – Registration, tea/coffee
9.15am – Introduction: welcome and overview of the morning
9.30am – Session 1: University providers presentation
10.15am – Session 2: Employers' views and issues discussion
10.45am – Session 3: Apprentices views
11.05am – Session 4: ICE as the end-point assessor
11.25am – Session 5: Panel Q&A
11.55am – Final comments
12pm – Lunch and networking
Request a place by completing the booking form.
Parking is available across Nottingham City Centre either on-street or in car parks.
For more information, visit the Nottingham City Council website.