NTU Doctoral Students' Research Festival
Friday 3 April 2020
Unfortunately, this event has been postponed and will be rescheduled in Autumn 2020.
Please review our website for other events you may be interested in attending.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- From: Friday 3 April 2020, 1.30 pm
- To: Friday 3 April 2020, 5.45 pm
- Registration: 1.30 pm
- Location: Bowden and Adams room, Nottingham Conference Centre, Level 2, Nottingham,
- Booking deadline: Monday 30 March 2020, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
The Festival provides a fantastic opportunity to practice communicating your world-leading research to a wider audience, to prepare for your viva voce examination, conference presentations, job interviews, and beyond. You are still welcome to participate even if your viva voce examination has already taken place.
You’ll hear from inspiring speakers about their multi-disciplinary research, how you might disseminate your work, and career journeys after a doctorate at NTU.
You’ll also have the chance to share your research and gain valuable feedback from colleagues, through participation in a variety of ways, including:
- 3-Minute Thesis competition (3MT) - for year two PGR students and beyond.
- Digital Poster competition - open to all PGR students.
- Research Photo competition - open to all PGR students.
- 6 x 10-minute presentations – open to all PGR students.
This event is open to staff as well as students. If you supervise postgraduate research students then please encourage them to get involved. If you’re not presenting at the festival, please do come along to support your colleagues. The festival will take place in Nottingham Conference Centre, Bowden and Adams rooms, Level 2.
Please be aware that there are two application forms to be completed for those presenting:
- 3MT competition application form
- Poster and/or photo competition application form
- 10-minute presentation application form
Please complete the relevant application form and note the deadlines for entry, criteria and rules.
Nottingham Conference Centre
Situated on the University’s City Campus, the Newton building is a short walk from Nottingham city centre. Due to our central location we don’t have visitor parking available, but public transport will bring you almost to our door.
If you’re intending to park in the city centre, the closest (and largest) facilities to our City Campus are:
For directions on getting to the City Campus, you can use our Get directions finder. The NTU City Campus postcode is NG1 4FQ.