Big House - online event
Two-part virtual workshop: Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 May
Successful marketing is one of the principal challenges for any business. Do it well and demand shoots up, sales multiply and customers find you. Do it poorly and it becomes a financial drain on what could be a great business.
This workshop is designed for creative and digital businesses to help them explore and create a watertight marketing strategy. This workshop will span two consecutive mornings.
- From: Wednesday 6 May 2020, 9.30 am
- To: Wednesday 6 May 2020, 12.30 pm
- Registration: 9:15 am - 12:30 pm
- Booking deadline: Monday 4 May 2020, 5.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
The digital explosion has changed everything from product development and delivery to customer relationships and communication but marketing’s goal of delivering ‘right message, right person, right time’ has never been more relevant.
In this practical, actionable and dynamic workshop you will:
- Learn how to begin developing a successful marketing strategy to meet your growth ambitions.
- Be introduced to Watertight Marketing, an established and proven methodology used by over 2000 SMEs to support their growth and increase sales.
- Take away a planning structure and practical tools you can use immediately to improve marketing in your business.
- Understand why potential customers leave a buying process and how to stop this happening.
- Discover a budgeting tool which shows how to get the maximum effect from your marketing budget, even if it is limited.
- Meet a small business owner using Watertight Marketing to grow her online creative home-wares business.
Further info about this event
The workshop will be structured so that each segment builds on the last with short breakout sessions for participants to apply the concepts and tools to their own businesses.
This workshop will be delivered 9.30 am - 12.30 pm over two mornings, Wednesday 6 May and Thursday 7 May .
All workshop participants will be receive a free copy of the book: Watertight Marketing 2nd edition.
About our facilitator, Chris Turner:
Chris is an experienced Branding and Marketing consultant with strong strategic, analytical, digital and communication skills. He has board level experience in Agency and Client environments and as a startup NED.
He has a sophisticated understanding of new content platforms including digital and social media. He has worked extensively with media and content companies, not-for-profits and charities, retail, financial services and start-ups.
Chris has significant international experience and has spoken at conferences in the UK, Europe and India. He regularly runs Marketing Workshops for SMEs and not-for-profits. He is a mentor on the Babbasa young ambassadors programme. Babbasa exists to support equal opportunities for young people in Bristol.
He is one of only 12 Accredited Watertight Marketing consultants in the UK and has an MBA from Ashridge/Hult Business School.
What is The Big House Programme?
The Big House offers fully-funded business support, mentoring, virtual and face-to-face workshops and networking, access to grants for creative and digital businesses in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Visit www.bighouse.org.uk for the complete details of the programme, and keep up-to-date with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As this event is part of a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) initiative, we will require you to be enrolled in The Big House Programme, prior to attending. If you are not already enrolled, you will find the appropriate form at: https://bighouse.org.uk/enrolment-forms.
NB: We will be documenting the event. If you do not wish to be included in images or videos that may be used later for marketing purposes, please let us know beforehand.
This project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014 - 2020.