7th International Conference on Behavioral Addictions - event postponed
Behavioral addictions: from past to present
Unfortunately, this event has been postponed and rescheduled to 21-23 June 2021.
Please review the NTU website for other events you may be interested in attending.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- From: Monday 22 June 2020, 11.30 am
- To: Wednesday 24 June 2020, 1 pm
- Registration: 11:30 am
- Location: Newton building, Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Sunday 21 June 2020, 4.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
In 2011 the International Society for the Study of Behavioral Addictions (ISSBA) launched the Journal of Behavioral Addictions, and two years later organised the 1st International Conference on Behavioral Addictions (ICBA) in Budapest, Hungary in order to provide a venue for face-to-face encounters, as well as a forum for scientific information exchange. After successfully hosting events in Budapest (2013, 2015), Geneva (2016), Haifa (2017), Cologne (2018), and Yokohama(2019), in 2020 the ISSBA are now organising the seventh meeting in Nottingham, UK.
The conference will appeal to research scientists, clinicians, social workers, health service managers and others. We look forward to welcoming everyone who is interested in behavioural addictions and allied disorders, whatever their perspective. Join us in Nottingham on 22 - 24 June 2020.
This conference is a unique opportunity to:
- Share scientific knowledge on behavioral (non-substance related) addictions.
- Enhance your knowledge and awareness on the common and less common behavioral addictions from a multi-disciplinary point of view, and explore novel forms of intervention and prevention models.
- Gain a better understanding of different approaches of non-substance related addictions, research reports focusing on the addictive patterns of various behaviors, especially disorders of the impulsive-compulsive spectrum, such as: gambling / internet / computer and video games / online gaming / pyromania / kleptomania / intermittent explosive disorder /trichotillomania / onychophagia / skin picking / compulsive buying / sexual behavior / compulsive hoarding / exercise dependence / obsessive-compulsive disorder / eating disorders / body dysmorphic disorder / muscle dysmorphic disorder / hypochondriasis / other excessive behaviors or non-substance addiction disorders / behavioral addictions in children/adolescents
- Coverage ranges from genetic and neurobiological research through psychological and clinical psychiatric approaches to epidemiological, sociological and anthropological aspects.
- Meet experts and facilitate the development of new international networks and collaborations.
For further information on submitting an abstract for the conference, please visit icba.mat.org.hu/2020/