Centre for Legal Education Conference 2020
Impact and Wellbeing
Building on the success of previous conferences on Values in Legal Education, Legal Education; Access to Justice and Legal Education, Legal Practice and Technology the Centre for Legal Education at Nottingham Law School is delighted to announce its fourth international conference.
Papers and presentations from the previous conferences can be found at: http://www.nlscle.org.uk/conference/
- From: Friday 19 June 2020, 9 am
- To: Saturday 20 June 2020, 5 pm
- Location: Lecture Theatre 3, rooms NEWN31, NEWN32A, NEWN32B, Newton Building, Nottingham Trent University, City Campus, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Booking deadline: Friday 29 May 2020, 11.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
We invite participants from the whole range of legal education, research and wellbeing contexts. This includes, for example:
- professional regulators and professional bodies;
- legal sector employers;
- researchers whose work has an impact on law students, law teachers or legal practitioners;
- librarians and information professionals;
- stakeholders in and users of research;
- psychologists and mental health professionals;
- professional support lawyers;
- training principals and pupillage supervisors;
- CPD providers;
- academic, vocational and postgraduate course designers and teachers;
- research and other students; and
- young lawyers.
We also extend our welcome to participants from outside England and Wales.
We anticipate that sub-themes for this year’s conference will include:
- The impact of research into legal education
- The wellbeing of lawyers, law students and legal educators
- The impact of legal education on individuals, professions, employing organisations, legal practice and society
For enquiries about CPD accreditation, or for any other enquiries or suggestions, please contact the organisers, on CLEConference2020@ntu.ac.uk. An evaluation form mapped to the Advance HE, BSB, CILEx and SRA competence statements will be available for participants.
Call for papers and panels
A provisional programme will be made available in due course.
Please note that all costs are inclusive of VAT. To book your place please visit the online store.
|Two Day Conference Fee||£380.00|
|Friday 19 June only||£210.00|
|Saturday 20 June only||£210.00|
As indicated in the call for papers information, it is expected that those whose proposals are accepted will also register as conference participants.
The delegate rates include all materials and refreshments during the conference. Our experience is that not everyone wishes to attend the conference dinner, and that some of those who wish to attend the conference dinner wish to bring guests, so dinner is available as a separate booking option. The dinner will be held in the Courtroom which is located on the city campus where the conference is being held.
Please note that accommodation is not included within the conference fees. Information about hotels local to the conference venue is available on request. Please contact the conference organisers at CLEConference2020@ntu.ac.uk for further information.
Visa letters, where required, will be made available only after full payment of the conference fees has been received.