Employment and COVID-19 – Q&A with the Legal Advice Centre
Online event - Microsoft Teams
Join our live online Q&A session with Mathew Game and Dr Lynn Oxborrow on Monday 22 June at 10.30 am to discuss the changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme that could impact employers, potential next steps for businesses, and answer your questions on employment law. Businesses will also be able to find out about the other support available to them from NTU.
- From: Monday 22 June 2020, 10.30 am
- To: Monday 22 June 2020, 11.30 am
- Booking deadline: Monday 22 June 2020, 9.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
The University is working with local SMEs to support them through this uncertain time. One of the key government support initiatives – the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – is changing from Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Mathew Game, Solicitor in the Nottingham Law School Legal Advice Centre specialises in employment law. He's provided a video presentation to support SMEs with the changes to the scheme and the additional legal requirements that employers should consider for how or when staff return to work.
Topics in the video include:
- Changes to the scheme with effect from 1 July 2020
- Preparing for return to work
- Changes that may need to be made to the contract of employment
- Unlawful deduction of wages claims resulting from furlough leave
- Possible claims for unfair dismissal linked to COVID-19
- Overview of direct / indirect discrimination.
Additional support for local SMEs
All SMEs that employ staff and are based in the Derby / Derbyshire, Nottingham / Nottinghamshire area are welcome to join our live, online Q&A session on Monday 22 June at 10.30 am.
The session will be hosted by Mathew Game and Dr Lynn Oxborrow, Principal Lecturer in the Nottingham Business School. They will discuss the changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme that could impact employers, potential next steps for businesses, and answer your questions on employment law. Businesses will also be able to find out about the other support available to them from NTU. Please register via the link below or at the top of this page if you would like to join this session.
Note: The event will be taking place on Microsoft Teams, so please ensure that you have this installed on your computer before registering for the event.