The Big House Accelerator – Virtual selection event
Big House - online event for digital & tech SMEs
An opportunity for ambitious digital and tech founders to pitch to be a part of Nottingham Business School’s Big House Accelerator. This is a virtual event, taking place over Microsoft Teams.
- From: Thursday 8 October 2020, 12.30 am
- To: Thursday 8 October 2020, 12.30 pm
- Registration: 10 am
- Booking deadline: Monday 5 October 2020, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
We are looking for exceptional businesses from the digital and technology sector in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to join The Big House Accelerator. Running from January to June 2021, the Accelerator programme will prepare you for your big conversations and opportunities, open doors and help you make meaningful connections, as part of a small, select group of talented, passionate digital founders and entrepreneurs.
This programme will be open to early-stage businesses that are trading and ambitious to grow fast, as well as pre-start businesses ready to go to market.
Interested in getting involved? Here's what we would need you to do:
We would need you to present a 3-minute pitch and participate in Q&A at one of our virtual selection events on either Tuesday 6 October or Thursday 8 October. You can also submit a pre-recorded pitch via email by Thursday 8 October latest.
In advance of your pitch, you must also submit a one-pager* to tell us:
- What you do and what problem you’re solving
- Who your customers/users are
- Why they need what you’re making and what they’re using now
- How your solution is better
- What you hope to achieve in the future
- Supported by stats to illustrate your pitch and plan for growth.
*Your written pitch must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before you pitch.
Shaped by feedback from the region’s most successful digital entrepreneurs – including what they wish they’d known when they were starting out, The Big House Accelerator will be tailored to you and your business. As part of a small, select group you will help to develop a local ecosystem you can thrive in, with high-value, high-quality learning, mentoring and support from top business leaders and one of the UK’s leading business schools.
Starting in January 2021, the Big House Accelerator will:
- Prepare you for your big conversations and opportunities.
- Fast track your business ideas and growth – in one go and in one place.
- Give you bespoke, in-depth relevant support tailored to you and your business.
- Challenge and inspire you as you stress test your ideas and plan for growth.
- Open doors and help you make meaningful connections.
- Run from January-June 2021 including workshops, mentoring and access to academic research and resources.
Want to find out more?
In the first instance, please get in touch with the team at email@example.com or call 0115 848 4042, and give some more context about your business. We will talk you through what you need to do to be included in the selection.
More about The Big House programme
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund and the East Midlands Engine, The Big House programme is made up of a consortium of partners, who are best placed to help lift potential ideas off the ground, support the start-up process, all the way to working with established businesses ambitious for growth. Find out more about the expertise of each of our partners, and how we can support you with the skills, knowledge and connections you need to succeed.
We have secured funding from the European Regional Development Fund which means that most services provided as part of this programme are of no cost to eligible businesses.
The Big House is one of many projects which D2N2 has supported with European funding. Further details of these projects and much more, can be found on the D2N2 Growth Hub site.