Nottingham Sustainability Action Panel Discussion and Workshop
Join us for a collaborative discussion between Nottingham City Council, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham and representatives from both students’ unions around addressing the global challenge presented by climate change.
- From: Wednesday 3 March 2021, 2 pm
- To: Wednesday 3 March 2021, 4 pm
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 2 March 2021, 11.00 am
- Download this event to your calendar
Join us for a collaborative discussion between Nottingham City Council, Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham and representatives from both students’ unions around addressing the global challenge presented by climate change and what we, as institutions, plan to do reduce carbon emissions. In this live, interactive session, participants will be able to submit questions for the panel to respond to. This session will be held virtually, and participants will be provided a link to join the session once they have registered.
Following the panel discussion, we will be hosting workshops where participants can share ideas and explore pathways to carbon neutrality through individual and collective action.
Take part to review the carbon actions that NTU, NCC and UoN have undertaken and where we are heading in terms of reducing carbon emissions. We will explore systems and policies in place and match this against wider (city, regional, national) aims and targets for carbon emissions. We will also explore steps we can take as individuals to reduce carbon emissions and how this supports wider efforts.
- Chair: Richard Bull, Deputy Dean, School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
- Charmaine Morrell, NTU Head of Sustainability
- Andy Nolan, Development and Sustainability Director, University of Nottingham
- Martha Roberts, University of Nottingham SU Environment and Social Justice Officer
- Wayne Bexton, Head of Energy Services, Nottingham City Council
- Chloe Philpott, SU Brackenhurst Officer, NTSU
|Panel discussion: 1 hour|
|Welcome: Chair - Richard Bull|
Individual presentations from each panel member describing:
|Workshops: 1 hour|
Breakout room discussions focusing on the topic of reducing carbon through individual and collective actions
The event is free and open to staff and students from the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University along with members of the public. Registration is required, please complete the registration form and a link to join the session will be sent to you prior to the day.