How far will you go to help find a cure for cancer?
Take part in Development and Alumni Relations first virtual challenge event and you can help create a world where 100% of people with cancer survive.
This May, we want you to set yourself a challenge to run, walk, cycle (or any other exercise!) as far as you can, and raise money to support the incredible work of John van Geest Cancer Research Centre at NTU. You can do this individually, in pairs or in a team, and you can set yourself a target in steps or miles. It’s entirely up to you!
- From: Saturday 1 May 2021, 12 am
- To: Monday 31 May 2021, 11.59 pm
- Booking deadline: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 6.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
The event is open to all and is completely non-competitive and pressure-free; people of all ages and abilities are welcome to take part. You decide how far you'd like to go, and how much you’d like to raise: it’s your personal challenge.
It’s easy to get involved:
- Click sign up here and set yourself (or team) a distance to travel throughout May.
- Set up your fundraising page to start taking donations for John van Geest Cancer Research Centre. We’d love it if each participant could aim to raise a minimum of £100, but anything you can raise is much appreciated.
- From the 1st May - 31st May record your steps using the NTU Moves app or your own app of choice. We'll send details of how to access the NTU Moves app when you sign up, but please note this is only available to staff and students at NTU. All other participants are encouraged to use an alternative app or fitness tracker.
- Complete your challenge, keep your supporters regularly updated with how far you go, and take part in our selfie challenge by tagging the Centre on Twitter @vangeestcancer with #goingfarforcancerresearch
Whether you're planning to take part on your own, with your friends, family or colleagues; there are plenty of ways you can get involved. Just make sure you're following the latest government guidelines.
We need you more than ever
We rely on support from donors and supporters to continue our work to find a cure for cancer, but, the pandemic has severely impacted the amount of research funding available and community fundraising has all but stopped as a result of social distancing.
John van Geest Cancer Research Centre focuses on immunotherapy — using the body’s own immune system to fight cancer, without the need for chemotherapy. It’s the next frontier in cancer research, and one of this century’s biggest breakthroughs in oncology. Our work is needed more than ever, but we can’t do it without you.
By taking part in this challenge and raising money for the Centre, we can get as close as possible to ensuring 100% of patients with all cancers survive.
Sign up here by Tuesday 4th May at 18:00. Further instructions to be provided upon sign up.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com